hi there

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

beefsack

the authority in beef
Nov 22, 2002
Canberra, Australia
beefsack.blogspot.com
sack, beefsack

intruigued by the project and to what extent it will go. you guys gonna do everything down to weapons, gametypes and player models? or just the maps (which imo would be mad in its own)

i am very interested indeed.

oh and best of luck, maybe i will lurk here for a million years

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Woh! This is the first time I've seen you venture outside of the loving embrace of the coding forums Beefsack :lol: Though I don't really visit too many of the other forums though so maybe it's me who leads a sheltered life......:lol:

beefsack

the authority in beef
Nov 22, 2002
Canberra, Australia
beefsack.blogspot.com
hehe i used to spam in the deathball forums when they were here and i comment on news posts every now and then but this really caught my eye.

btw in a month or so i will have tons of free time if you need anyone to help out ;) map converting sounds rather mundane and time consuming ;) . should have a chat to the guy who did quadteam dm for ut2003 im sure that would be helpful hearing what hes got to say

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
I was going to suggest chatting to NickR earlier but got sidetracked by other posts :) thanks for reminding me beefsack :D Porting maps isn't boring if you like mapping, but it can be very time consuming. You're a coder right? I think that's where we'll be mostly shorthanded (what mod isn't? :rolleyes: )

BigFolks

Apr 16, 2003
Beefsack, any help would be nice, even if you recommended other people to check this mod port forum out.
That's the least you could do.. even though you aren't really required to do anything. :) thanks anyways.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
I was gonna start a new thread to voice my support but this is good enough. Sounds like I might actually have a reason to reinstall 2k3. GL guys n gals :)

Ultron

Robot XMP Beta Tester
Mar 6, 2000
Secret Hideout
clans.utworld.net
I think this project will need coders first and foremost. I've outline my views in this in some other threads but I think ultimately it should be smaller at first and hit two major aspects in it's first release, so that in the very least SOMETHING is out there and it takes care of the major stuff first.

Movement changes first, then weapon changes. Don't worry about rescaling, retexturing, remodelling, etc right now. Just get the fundamental aspects down first, then work from there. Most mods fail because they strive to do too much and people lose interest and drop off before it's complete.