Guild Wars 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
That was fairly easy :p

I was lucky enough to pick up a second ascended ring last night, but I'm not sure if I want to use it on my guardian or not. So I was thinking roughly around next weekend once I have +10 AR, we should be able to run 10+ fractals as a group. It's pretty easy to avoid most of it, but one person should have high resistance just in case people need to be peeled off the floor frequently. After a few level 10 runs hopefully some of you will get a ring from the chest as well to make things easier.

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
Yeah I had no words, I couldn't back out of what I was typing fast enough, it was already too late.

I am kind of disappointed that your personal reward level HAS to be at 10 in order to get the pristine fractal relic and a chance to get an ascended ring. So I guess we'll be doing 8 and 9 together until everyone gets there.

After two runs tonight I'll have enough tokens to get the exotic backpiece. Then just another 500 tokens (4-5 days) and I'll have the ascended backpiece as well. Then I'll have enough gear to survive 20+ :D

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Type Faster! :eek: Sorry won't pull a Todd anymore!

Anyway why don't we do Level 10, that way you get the rewards and we understand the differences of each Fractal. We wouldn't have the gear once we become level 10 anyway have to be lucky to get the gear right?

Jason won't do level 10 until he is level 10. He will still have same gear on anyway. Runs are easier at lower level but with time they will become easier at the higher levels. Here is some info we all should know.

Agony is only associated with the end boss of each fractal starting at L10. The bosses and trash before them do not have any agony attacks (exception is Cliffside as the first boss is actually the final boss).

Groupwide projectile reflect/absorb skills

Group wide projectile reflect/absorb skills help a lot in fractals. Make sure to have them slotted in for fractals. The only fractals reflects won’t really help you are the Aquatic Ruins fractal and the Jade Maw fractal. Their use on specific fractals is discussed below.

Mesmer – Feedback, Illusionary Warden, and Temporal Curtain if traited into focus
Guardian – Wall of Reflection, Shield of the Avenger, Sanctuary, Line of Warding
Thief – Smoke Screen
Elementalist – Swirling Winds
Ranger – Whirling Defense
Engineer – Elixir U
The rest is readable here--> http://dulfy.net/2013/01/07/gw2-fractal-of-the-mists-fotm-guide/

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
Well done last night fellas! Quick and (mostly) painless dungeon runs. If we stayed away from slower ones and did like an AC1, SE 1 & 3, and CoF1 every night - we could probably make a fair amount of dough AND level alts in record time :lol: Now with Dev playing Guardian it frees me up to run Mesmer which seems to make a pretty significant difference in our clear times. Despite going down a few times, playing Mesmer definitely adds some new fun and a different perspective to boss fights.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Yes sir those are some good runs.
One more TA run and I will be set for Speed Runs in the dungeons.

Found a couple of new recipes that might be useful. They drop from end boss in new dungeon.

Bowl of Refugee’s Beet Soup
+100 Toughness
+20% Magic Find
+10 experience from kills

Bowl of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
+100 Power
+10% critical damage
+10 experience from kills

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
OK so, I know we all need/want gold in this game for legendaries and what have you. As nice as gathering herbs is for this - that is a slowwww boat. I think we should compile a list of short and/or easy dungeon paths that can be done on a regular basis - and become insanely good at them (to prevent a majority of screw ups that cost precious time).

Off the top of my head:
AC 1 & 3
SE 1
CoF 1 & maybe 2
HotW 1
CoE 1, 2 & 3 (May not be the fastest paths, but with a competent group its EZ and you get decent loot. Plus I love the dungeon :p)
Arah 1 or 3 (Probably the most challenging, but P1 gives 3g at the end and can potentially be completed in 30 minutes)

Not even including Arah its pretty easy to bank over 10g just in coin, not even accounting for anything you may get from a chest.

I know Aaron does the same thing - when I'm on by myself, I pug dungeons. Its ok for the most part, but sometimes you get a bad group with engies and rangers and what have you. Nova does CoF and CoE runs pretty frequently, but a lot of them don't know the good mesmer tricks that make for a good clean run.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
COE - went pretty good last night..
AC - is OK when things go right.
COF - Always Fun and Quick
Arah - Was a fun run last time.

Have to admit the more we do them the better we will get at them. You and Aaron definitely are a great help with keeping up on the tips and tricks to help out.

If we had the same 5 folks to do them regularly we could possibly be as good as the Strife Team.. Coordinate, Communicate, and Concentrate! LOL

Willing to learn and earn more gold.
BTW: Need to do some more Fractal Runs, to get 500 and another Axe Skin for Warrior.. We haven't done any of those in quite awhile.

OK so, I know we all need/want gold in this game for legendaries and what have you. As nice as gathering herbs is for this - that is a slowwww boat. I think we should compile a list of short and/or easy dungeon paths that can be done on a regular basis - and become insanely good at them (to prevent a majority of screw ups that cost precious time).

Off the top of my head:
AC 1 & 3
SE 1
CoF 1 & maybe 2
HotW 1
CoE 1, 2 & 3 (May not be the fastest paths, but with a competent group its EZ and you get decent loot. Plus I love the dungeon :p)
Arah 1 or 3 (Probably the most challenging, but P1 gives 3g at the end and can potentially be completed in 30 minutes)

Not even including Arah its pretty easy to bank over 10g just in coin, not even accounting for anything you may get from a chest.

I know Aaron does the same thing - when I'm on by myself, I pug dungeons. Its ok for the most part, but sometimes you get a bad group with engies and rangers and what have you. Nova does CoF and CoE runs pretty frequently, but a lot of them don't know the good mesmer tricks that make for a good clean run.

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
I may have a window of time from reset to 10pm tonight. Tuesday and Wednesday are completely free for a couple weeks yet.

The idea does more or less require there to be a full team. PUGs can be ok, but you have a 50/50 shot that they are retards that add 10 minutes plus to any given run.

The most consistent people in terms of online time are (in order): Taz, myself, Dev and Aaron are pretty even in terms of online time - depends if Aaron has a girlfriend at the time or not :lol:. No one else is any kind of consistent. Todd will pop in from time to time. Jason interested in coming around yet? You've had a pretty nice break from it all :p

WHO WILL BE THE FIFTH?? It will end up being Amber once school calms down, but that will reduce our potential kill speed since she is hell bent on using her necro. :p She could possibly play the roll of the guardian in some of these setups.

Toons to be played:
Taz - Guardian or Warrior
Me - Guardian Warrior or Mes
Aaron - Guardian, Warrior, Mes, Thief, Ele
Dev - Guardian (Do you have any others geared that would be beneficial to this?)
Todd - Warrior
Jason - Warrior

Ideal groups (IMO)

AC - 3 Warrior, 1 Guardian, 1 Ele. DPS is important. A guardian is ok for condi removal and protection. Ele for Ice Bow.

SE - 3 Warrior (interchangeable with thief), 1 Guard, 1 Mes

CoF - 4 Warrior, 1 Mes is ideal for P1. Enter guardian for P2

HotW - 3 Warrior (interchangeable with thief), 1 Guard, 1 Mes

CoE - 3 Warrior (interchangeable with thief), 1 Guard, 1 Mes
Guard is not required - but nice to have for condi removal and oh shit moments

Arah - Not the DPS race some of the others are. As we get more comfortable we can try other things. I know I want to try my hand at Mes against lupi... to see how much quicker it goes with feedback. 1 Warrior, 1 Thief, 1 Mesmer, 2 Guardian?

Last edited:

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Yeah, I almost started playing again a couple of weekends ago, but it didn't happen. Sorry, it started to feel more like work trying to get the dailies in, when all the time I had was about enough to *do* the dailies. An hour a day was all I had and have.

If I start to play again in the evenings I can do something like 8pm to 9/9:30, and not every night. I don't really think that's going to help you out.

Bonecrusher

Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
It could sometimes save us from having to find a pug :)

The only way this works as I imagine it is with a solid 5 - which I know we will probably never have. But it doesn't hurt to try :D

And Dev... not sure if serious about the ranger... lol. Aaron built up the zerk ranger - more of a gimmick than anything and only useful in speed clears of CoF. There is very little utility brought by the ranger. The 10% dmg bonus for the real damage dealers is it.

Once my ranger is of level it will be a storage/gathering toon. Nothing more. Far too boring of a class. Idk how Taz runs around in WvW so long with that trash. :lol:

Last edited: