"Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" suing manufacturer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Sir_Brizz said:
it's sewage, he's right.

Because of its content or because the game is flawed from a gaming perspective? For instance, I can say alot of the later game levels of GTA San Andreas are more annoying than fun because they are too tedious and ridiculous. But to say the game is "sewage" because it's got tits and curse words in it? Is that what you mean?

Cat Fuzz

Qualthwar's Minion. Ph34r!
Goats got a point. Maybe I'll start showing my kid slasher movies so that, just in case he witnesses and actual murder, he won't get all fvcked up by it. I know! My wife and I will start having sex right in front of him! That way, when he sees some pr0n he'll be cool. I'll start gathering up all his story books and replace them with Hustler and Penthouse. That way he won't go "ape ****" when he sees real naked people.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
There is a difference

they like GTA because they can hear swearing and think it's cool
they can kill cops and inocent people wich is the fun of the game.

Unlike ut you get your ass kicked and try harder to win,GTA is just mindlesness after a while.
but i wasnt making a point up there,it's whos the real problem,the society or the game?
I played Doom,all of them ,tons of games,i don't want to get a gun,nor shoot a gun.

I will admit GTA can get you hooked,but it's just too long ,i think i have GTA1 ,not sure,it has 3 citys to unlock i believe.

Last edited:
ReD_Fist said:
I will admit GTA can get you hooked,but it's just too long ,i think i have GTA1 ,not sure,it has 3 citys to unlock i believe.

I liked GTA3 and really liked GTA Vice City (Ray Liota's voice as protagonist=win) But San Andreas is just a really drawn out game and after awhile it was just annoying to do alot of the missions that seemed bent more on the stuff that didn't make the game fun (I ****ing hate the fact that I had to go to flight school to do the plane missions, which were alot easier to play than the freaking training programs). SA has alot of little details but alot of them are pointless. But the game was still fun when I got it. I just wish it was compelling enough to make me want to finish it.

Nachimir

Crony of Stilgar
Aug 13, 2001
Shelf Adventure.
I'm playing through it at the moment, and get the impression that Rockstar almost overstretched themselves with it. In terms of mission design and art, there are some distinctly ropey bits.

And yeah, the compulsory flight school is bad game design: giving a player new toys then dictating exactly how they use them before allowing them to play = fail. I was messing around with loop the loops and barrel rolls as soon as I got in the air, and it punished me for it by sending me back and making me practice taking off some more.

Most of all it's dissonant. It was satisfying when the way to fly precisely finally clicked after 20 or so attempts at circling the airstrip, and some games can work with that level of difficulty, but most of the missions are much easier so the sudden difficulty change is really jarring.

It's also really annoying that it gives you the San Fierro RC Baron mission long before giving you the opportunity to learn about flying.

wrt the 8th Trucker mission:
Use the railway to get to Las Venturas and you'll get a lot less trouble from the law ;)

Last edited:

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
No kidding, 4 stars right out of the gate? Did the owner call the cops on you right after sending you on your way? :lol:

I love San Andreas, but yeah, the gameplay is really showing its limits. There's only so many different ways of doing things that it gets a bit repetitive.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Mister_Prophet said:
Because of its content or because the game is flawed from a gaming perspective? For instance, I can say alot of the later game levels of GTA San Andreas are more annoying than fun because they are too tedious and ridiculous. But to say the game is "sewage" because it's got tits and curse words in it? Is that what you mean?
Both, IMO.

Personally, I think that the ratings system needs to be revamped. On the one hand, I don't have any problem with UT or even most realism shooters. I don't like GTA (since 3) because it is just like something you would find on a sadistic website. Games like these should be seperated in their ratings, because most people would mind the former and would mind the latter. Postal 2 is another example, it just belongs in a different class (while not deserving of the AO rating, IMO).

That mixed with the fact that GTA gameplay has gotten pretty bland and boring makes the game sewage. It wasn't worth renting.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
What all you are saying was EXACTLY the same for me on GTA,not a bad game though,it just got cumbersome.and the new ones after that just seemed like it would be the same.

The thing that finally made me stop playing SA was when later on in the game, you have to go into a series of lame gang wars during a riot with cops patroling every street. There's just nothing fun at all about the gang war style of gameplay to that game, and that's what killed it for me.

But mature content?The more the merrier I say.

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
Cat Fuzz said:
Goats got a point. Maybe I'll start showing my kid slasher movies so that, just in case he witnesses and actual murder, he won't get all fvcked up by it. I know! My wife and I will start having sex right in front of him! That way, when he sees some pr0n he'll be cool. I'll start gathering up all his story books and replace them with Hustler and Penthouse. That way he won't go "ape ****" when he sees real naked people.

glad to know you finaly understand

Nebel

Aloof
Apr 28, 2001
Around
Sir_Brizz said:
Personally, I think that the ratings system needs to be revamped.
It's a very flawed rating system. Example: it doesn't make any damn sense to have games for 17+ (Rated M) all over the place and given to pre-teens for their birthday, while having games that are 18+ (Rated AO) banned, scorned, and scoffed at.

While it's a great idea to have ratings for games, the system itself needs a bit of a face lift.

I think one of the main causes of this problem is the generation gap. Mature gaming is barely a decade old, and 90% of all these people who bitch about immoral games are just too goddamn old to get it. You don't see movie rating systems getting slammed because it's an old form of entertainment using a tested institution of ratings. In about 25 years there will be video games that let you give raw anal di<king to a swedish nun while shooting babies who are being shot out of a cannon into the sunset and it will be ok cus it has the neccessary rating credentials and most of the old people who sue game manufacturers nowadays will be dead by then. I'm watching the clock grandma.