Good luck Ms. Palin.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Of course a society wishes to continue, but it also seeks to progress. The two things are not mutually exclusive, but then they are not always conducive to one and other. Certainly there is no obligation for a society to be transfixed by only doing things that are focused solely on its continuance - and in light of this your argument doesn't hold up.
This doesn't make any sense to me given the context of his post. His point was that the government is offering incentives to couples who can have children, because without couples having children society does not progress at all, regardless of what else they do.

It is silly to think that allowing gay marriage would just suddenly eliminate heterosexual marriages, but there are already plenty of straight couples that don't have kids as it is ;) I'm not sure how solid either side of this argument is.

Personally, a more serious issue with the way that legal marriages are performed right now is, if gay marriage were just suddenly legalized, churches that do not believe that homosexuals should marry would be forced to marry them if they were asked to, but this is more a matter of laws needing to be changed to accommodate such a thing, if it ever happened.

Finally, the reason why no President in the US will ever agree to having gay marriage legalized is because they would lose the entire bible belt by making that submission. Personally, I think the biggest issue surrounding gay marriage has nothing to do with marriage at all and has everything to do with civil rights like next of kin, hospital visitation and insurance privileges. Any adult ought to be able to provide these for any other adult dependent in their care, regardless of age or gender.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
enjoy the Obama Youth

My feeling is that while race isn't supposed to be an issue and that no one will admit it out loud, it's actually a huge deal. In fact, I believe that people like Snow White, unbecoming, Iron Archer, et al, are in that group that doesn't want a black president, so they latch on to any false slander they can get their hands on to justify this to themselves and pacify their own inner conscience. D:

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but given this nation's disgusting history involving race (even my mom is racist), I doubt it.

Yeah, I think you're full of crap too. I think you're a jerk for saying that I'm racist, because I have not behaved in a way that would give you that impression. I think that yours is an ignorant, racist assumption in and of itself. I entrusted my children with an African American family from birth and my kids also go to a karate academy that is run by an African American family. You don't know me or the other people you mentioned and I hope you rot. I'm not going to let asinine comments like then one you made go unchallenged and I want you to apologize for your ignorant slanderous comment.

I'm not a racist or a bigot. Just because I think Obama is not the right candidate does not make me racist and for people to claim he will not get voted in because of racism is ignorant and it is fear-mongering.

Last edited:

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Over the street. With binoculars.
Visit site
This doesn't make any sense to me given the context of his post. His point was that the government is offering incentives to couples who can have children, because without couples having children society does not progress at all, regardless of what else they do.
He said credit for having children specifically, which I didn't mind because it didn't have the pitfalls of it being centred around heterosexual marriage instead (one of which you rightly pointed out in that many don't have children).

To be honest I'm not sure I knew what the hell he was saying by the last paragraph ... if my answers are out of context, sorry about that, my brain may have just gone dead cos I was really struggling to get the gist of where that was going.

I mean yes, society rewards things that keep it going, but then it rewards things that further it in other ways as well, I'm not sure why it would be suggested that they can't both happen at the same time. Is that not what he was saying? :( I dunno, my brain's melting out of my ear now, time for bed!

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
He said credit for having children specifically, which I didn't mind because it didn't have the pitfalls of it being centred around heterosexual marriage instead (one of which you rightly pointed out in that many don't have children).

To be honest I'm not sure I knew what the hell he was saying by the last paragraph ... if my answers are out of context, sorry about that, my brain may have just gone dead cos I was really struggling to get the gist of where that was going.

I mean yes, society rewards things that keep it going, but then it rewards things that further it in other ways as well, I'm not sure why it would be suggested that they can't both happen at the same time. Is that not what he was saying? :( I dunno, my brain's melting out of my ear now, time for bed!
Ah, this clicks much better for me than your last post :)

I'm not sure what the tax benefits for just being married are for, but you do get further/better tax breaks for having kids.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
for people to claim he will not get voted in because of racism is ignorant and it is fear-mongering.

lewl.

it's not that unlikely, you know. or that some inbred hick will try and shoot him before or after the elections.

this country has a long way to go as far as race relations is concerned. it has gotten a lot better in a short amount of time but is still a ways from where it needs to be.
the worry that something radically tragic could still befall senator Obama is not ignorant nor is it fear-mongering. just look at the times we live in, nothing of the sort is out of the question.

god forbid..

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Alright, enough with the hostilities and name calling, guys. I'm closing the thread. Pick one of the other political threads to continue any civil conversation, and leave the attitudes at the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.