1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GoldenEye N64 weapon port request

Discussion in 'Concept Discussion Board' started by Nemephosis, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

I'm glad you like it! :D I just hope UnrealFX can do what I think it can. :)

2. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

The first person view is all exported an' everything, so I should never have to touch it again. Now I just gotta make the third person version and I'll finally get to code it. Are you sure you want it to be an instant kill arena and not just a laser arena?

3. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

Actually laser arena might be a better idea.

what about a mutator that adds the Moonraker to everyone's arsenal right off a respawn? There was a weapon mutator, Supergun, that did that.

4. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

Dragonfly_of_Forgery long gone

Smoke, I have a job for you. You are going to teach me how to do that.

How long has it taken you to make that gun so far?

For the tracing, I think you wouldn't need to trace every tick. You could just go through the pawnlist and look for a pawn standing in the line of fire. Then you might do traces to see if the gun could hit them.

I don't know how you'd check to see if a pawn was under your crosshair but I think it is possible without a trace.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2001
  5. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

I am going to teach you how to do what?

Not long at all.

I thought I was just gonna make it sure lasers, no goofy grill indicator thingy?

Strangeness: The uc containing all the #execs for the laser compiled fine, but when I went into UEd to see if I could view it in the model viewer, it crashed as soon as I selected it. This confuses me, and probably means it won't actually work. Dah...

6. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

Teach me how to make guns.

What I like to do with my weapons is draw little crosses on the HUD to show where enemies are. Your altfire could bring up a display like that (or a radar, radars are cool). But if you are trying to stay close to the original, you wouldn't want to do that.

I think you need some kind of altfire though. I will not download a weapon without an altfire. I always feel cheated when the altfire is just a reload function.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2001
  7. Nemephosis

well I was kind of hoping this would be as close to the original as possible. What altfire could it have while being a near-replica of the original?

None! The original didn't have an altfire, neither should this.

I think we decided to drop the radar thingy too.

it won't work right? noooooo :(

8. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

I thought you already knew how to make guns? *points to Seekers pack* Aren't those guns?

You an your "alt-fireness!" Da laser shoots lasers, shoots lasers, and ya wanna know what else it does? It shoots lasers! Not in da movie, nor the game, did it do anything else. I think, if anything, it should be a scope (just one zoom level, sorta like the KF7 Soviet).

9. Nemephosis

NOOOO please no zoom! I'm still having horrible memories of the Zoom Instagib rifle and the lag it caused.... :(

This isn't supposed to be a swiss army knife, it's a laser..... what do you want lasers to do??

Dragonfly I tell ya what. You leave my Moonraker alone, in exchange for this. THIS oughta keep you happy. I think there's a readme, I don't know who originally made it.

You want an altfire, bro this has 21 of them. Leave mah dang Moonraker alone! :)

10. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

A zooming instagib rifle lags? Why would adding a scope cause lag? Notice I said "if anything."

11. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

A zooming instagib rifle seems to cause lag because on your zoomed view you can see all the little bits of laser trail when it fires... thats my theory anyway. Same with the normal shockrifle.

I'm trying out the wakko gun...

One idea: You could give it an altifre allowing you to do something you can't normally do in UT, but can in GE. Like look at your watch - and there's a radar on it!

Ok, dumb idea...

12. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

If this were just about any other weapon from GE, it could be the reload button. Unless it was a weapon that had a scope.

This has nothing to do with this gun, or UT, for that matter, but was just too wierd not to mention. Last night, I forgot to set my alarm to wake me up at 9:30 this morning (I woulda woken up at 11 or 12, otherwise). So what happens? A dream wakes me up at 9:37! It was a really wierd dream, too. Kinda disturbing. I think it started with me waking up amd making waffles. But then I got upset, cuz I really wanted some kinda cerial. Anyway, then I remember being at school. It was sorta a big parody of the school I went to last year (School haunting me in my dreams! Ah!). I saw one of my friends there, Bob I think (Robbert, but I call 'im Bob). Then, I ended up being at a sort of grocery store, or something, and I was with someone else, and we had to kill the two owners of the store. All we had was a sort of dinner/butter knife, and a steak knife. I gave the other guy the dinner/butter knife. Then I saw some other guy I knew, but I don't know who, maybe some guy I met at a camp I went to. He said something about how we had to kill the two guys. I think he ended up throwing the stake knife at the two guy and killing them. Then we went outside, and for some reason, and alien started chasing me (those kind from Alien). Then that guy that had just killed the two guys said something like, "No on can escape an alien." And then it caught up to me, and just before its little inner mouth thingy was about to bite me, I woke up, at 9:37.

13. Nemephosis

OK. The Moonraker fires lasers. It doesn't do anything else. It;s a laser. Not a swiss army knife :)

You have a wacko weapon already now, leave my serious one alone :p

And yes, when you zoom in you see all the "laser bits" up close and personal putting a hell of a strain on your system.

I dunno, it doesn't need to zoom, I think.... maybe a very little bit but it shouldn't be something that can be sniped with. Especially with that locational damage thing.

Smoke, that's a weird dream. I've had my fair share of weird ones myself. :)

14. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

So does it have a slight zoom or not? I should start on the third person model, but I've been playing JK too much.
    Oh yeah, should I make it not have a crosshair? None of the GE weapons had them.

15. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Tada...

16. Nemephosis

I would say no to the zoom for the reasons outlined with the Zoom Instagib. Lots of strain. And especially if you're making it "more solid" by adding more laser bits to it.... or something like that.

It should just use the same crosshair you use for everything else. That was Goldeneye's stupid idea not to include one, unless you R-shoulder button aimed with it. That was GE's stupidness. :)

so yes to crosshair.

That looks very good, smoke. Must have taken a while, and it shows. Excellent work on that :)

17. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Do not you ever listen? I said I'd use a midified pulse beam! That means no particles! And having no crosshair isn't stupid. Whadya need a stinkin' crosshair for? I hated the way the R button worked. It made sniping impossible.
    That model didn't take long at all. I tried to make it use as few polys as possible, but it's still 130, only 60 less than the view model, but it should be few enough.

18. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Everyone (or just you, Nemephosis) scream and yell an' shout in joy! I got da durned thing to work! I think I even know how I did it, too! Here's an unecesary pic of it working in UEd, transparent grill an' all! Now there is nothing to stop me from rulin--I mean, completing dis here nifty laser weapon gun object machine thingy! JOY!

19. Nemephosis

It looks that good with 130 polys? wow! awesome stuff. I know I could never do anything like that. The best thing I can draw is stick people :D

20. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

NO! NOT MORE TO DEAL WITH WHEN YOU ZOOM! ARGH! I said it's not made of particles! It's like, 8 polys per piece of the beam! It will work exactly the same zoomed as not, very much UNLIKE the dad-blasted SHOCK RIFLE BEAM! Do you underSTAND!?

You don't need a crosshair to aim! Just point da gun at whoever it is you wanna shoot an' fire.

The barrel of the third person mesh is made of boxes, and the thing supporting the scope and the handle ar flat (like paper). And drawing and modelling are two completely different things.

Oh yeah, and you REALLY need to work on quotes there, buddy. :)