[Game] AudioSurf

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
If I buy this on Steam, will it still have the co-op component that they mention on their web page?

Merc

Feb 4, 2008
Ok, so I've bought the game, first track that I play is Daft Punk - Robot Rock/Oh Yeah from Alive...and the graph goes flat. There is no hills in the graph at all and there is barely any blocks.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Nevermind...the patch solved the problem. Now I am happy.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Well then, this game is great. But are the blocks created in conjuction to the music or is only the steepness of the road affected?

And I'm Trynant :D

The blocks correspond to the beat of the music. It's not perfect, some songs work better than others, but I've yet to experience a song where all the blocks are in perfect sync with the beat of the music. I guess it's difficult to sync everything up perfectly.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
The beat detection is good as long as the music has a clear beat or clear high-hats. Bass drives the track forward. Piano songs give alot of seperate blocks (note: this is my experience with Ninja Mono)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
By the way, you can replace the annoying menu music if you want to.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\audiosurf\engine\laddermusic
Just replace the 2 Breakdown files with another .OGG

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Just got this too. Pretty good fun.

What do you guys use as control method? I'm using the 360 pad atm. because it's the most laid back and I can sit with my boss chair reclined whilst hitting some tracks. Doubt it's as accurate as a mouse mind.

Also are there replays or are you guys recording every run you make with FRAPS or whatever, running permanently?

Doubt any of you will be playing the same kind of tracks I will but if you see GIdub, that's me (will be at the lower end of the score board). (and damn you who ever stole my nick first :p )

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Yep, mouse is best in my opinion.

Right now I mainly play metal, like Dragonforce, Mnemic, KoRn and Dimmu Borgir. I also tried some techno, which can be crazy, but at the same time really easy.

I just got 192k on Dragonforce - Throug the Fire and Flames :D
Should we make some challenges?

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Panda Bear also has the benefit of being good music.

On a side note, if any of you listen to Panda Bear and have the CD Person Pitch go and play those songs. I recommend "Bros" and "Good Girls/Carrots." Both are fricking intense (although "Good Girls/Carrots" has more variety in slopes, "Bros" is a huge downhill ramp of crazy).

Radiohead's "Paranoid Android" is also exceedingly fun (the shifts in music make it an interesting slope).

Now to try out so TTFAF....

EDIT: 170k on Pointman (easy), so meh, not bad.

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Yep, mouse is best in my opinion.

Right now I mainly play metal, like Dragonforce, Mnemic, KoRn and Dimmu Borgir. I also tried some techno, which can be crazy, but at the same time really easy.

If you want fast, you might try some DnB on Ironmode :D
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fa41_Y0pPkI
Most of the track is in a tunnel :D - I know the run itself is pretty poor, but I recorded this vid to try and lure a friend into buying AS too and I was playing in an little 640x480 window.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
So what are the most populair songs with the highest congestion?

Arctic Monkeys - I bet that you look good on the Dancefloor

Is one of the fastest 'tracks' I found in my collection so far, who knows more fast tracks?

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames is insanely fast :D

Generally anything with "powermetal" strapped on it is going really fast!

dub

Feb 12, 2002
So I tried that Dragonforce tune to see what all the fuss was about. Quite a chore playing to music you don't really enjoy, but I manged to score 146,554 on my second run in Ironmode.
It's pretty fast, but most of the DnB I've played is faster :D
"Whatever" by Sketch and Code is most definitely faster.