First Official Bulletstorm Gameplay Trailer Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SuperAlgae

Tritoxa incurva
Aug 10, 2005
I like the style and that there appears to be a strong focus on fun (seems obvious, but a lot of games somehow miss that).

... though something seems off about the girl. She sort of looks like a mannequin.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I think they stated somewhere that there wouldn't be a co-op mode because you wouldn't want your friends stealing your kills.

Yes. It's mentioned in Video Game Informer magazine (I think) or at least the magazine in which the first screenshots of the game surfaced. Having a game that doesn't have co-op nowadays seems to be really problematic.

Games like Bioshock, Fallout and Mass Effect seems to hold that off pretty well, but when it comes to games like this, you better have co-op or else..

It's like picturing Fallout 3 with VATS in co-op. That would be awful.
This also applies for the kill system in Bulletstorm I suppose.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Don't you really get the feeling that co-op is something they are going to hit us with later, since the game looks 'made for co-op' with some of the scenes shown of 2 players battling a boss and so on?

I don't know where I read the suggestion that there would be no co-op, and it seems to be accepted that this is the case, I'm just not sure that's the impression I have from what I've seen.

I think epic have another massive hit on their hands though.
You have an AI partner, which makes the lack of a co-op mode even more eyebrowraisingworthy (wtfh... did I type that?).

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I wonder how the slides work. The one in the video goes just for a lot of metres. Not even in Castlevania the characters were able to do that.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Yes. It's mentioned in Video Game Informer magazine (I think) or at least the magazine in which the first screenshots of the game surfaced. Having a game that doesn't have co-op nowadays seems to be really problematic.

Games like Bioshock, Fallout and Mass Effect seems to hold that off pretty well, but when it comes to games like this, you better have co-op or else..

It's like picturing Fallout 3 with VATS in co-op. That would be awful.
This also applies for the kill system in Bulletstorm I suppose.
Wait, so there's no co-op? I don't care how fun the game is, if it has no multiplayer then it's worthless to me. Dead game.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I hope so, a game without any multiplayer doesn't last very long. I checked wikipedia and it didn't mention multiplayer, I didn't see any articles mentioning it either.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
Multiplayer is overrated. There are enough multiplayer games out there, I rather have a solid and fun single player game rather than the same old deathmatch games with different levels, weapons and enemies.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I hope so, a game without any multiplayer doesn't last very long.

UT3 had multiplayer and it didn't last very long.

If you make a somewhat decent game known, people will stick to it for a long time. Multiplayer is the player's gathering, there's still a lot of people playing Bioshock here and there, but yes, a game that has no multiplayer can get curb stomped especially if it doesn't have any replayability.

There's no reason for them not to include an SDK.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
But what does it matter that a small group keep playing a multiplayer game?
While they're playing that game, they're not buying other games.

Anyway, not having co-op in a fun packed game like this is really a shame. Serious Sam in co-op on the highest difficulty setting is a blast.