First Car

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DFB

Creeping Death
May 25, 2003
England
Visit site
Lizard Of Oz said:
Pass a written and practicle test.

But what does that actually involve? Some people I know in the States have said that all they needed to do (for the practical) was to go round a test track at about 20 mph (or some other low speed, cant quite remember).

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
DFB said:
But what does that actually involve? Some people I know in the States have said that all they needed to do (for the practical) was to go round a test track at about 20 mph (or some other low speed, cant quite remember).

I had to drive in normal city traffic, performing maneuvers asked of me by the examiner.

Maneuvers such as parallel parking, lane changes, merging into higher/lower speed traffic, etc…

Snipeo

Happy lil Camper
Jan 10, 2001
#beyondunreal Sanity: [|||------] 23
Fireslash; Live. Life. You seem petrified of something that might never happen :) If some pleb's gonna smash into you at 140mph while you're on the road then what happens to you isnt gonna be affected by whether or not you had airbags or not. Let the boy have his Mustang and score teh hawt chicks ;)

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
DFB said:

I had to pass the written test

For the "driving test" I had to do a K turn, parrell park, show proper use of signal when turning, go in a circle around some cones and I beleive that was it. Very simple lol.

Im trying to find pics of my '82 and '87 on my old computer and CDRs but no luck yet :(

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Written test which is beyond easy... half of the damn thing was alcohol questions.

And road test which takes no more than 5 minutes. You just drive down some side streets, make turns, parallel park, etc... At least that's what I had to do.

DFB

Creeping Death
May 25, 2003
England
Visit site
Whereas we have to go through two theory tests (although they are pretty easy), and a 45 minute practical test, in which you are meant to do 2 or more maneouvers (sp?) (parallel park, reverse park, reverse around a corner or turn in the road (ie 3 point turn but ive heard tell of people not getting any minors for taking 7 turns)), traffic lights, roundabouts, dual carriage ways and other such fun stuff like emergency stops. And on REAL roads too ;) Oh, and now at the beginning you have to demonstrate your basic knowledge of car mechanics, like checking oil and whether the handbrake works or the lights or whatever you get told to check.

Nickelass

In the Flesh?
Apr 4, 2002
Central Illinois
Visit site
nah, the six is in such bad shape it would take too much to get it over 200 hp. whereas the 302 will have AT LEAST 200 hp but prolly more than that with the stuff that we are going to do to it. since people keep commenting on the engine, here is a pick of it.

Mustang_I6_engine.jpg

Cat Fuzz

Qualthwar's Minion. Ph34r!
Nickelass said:
nah, the six is in such bad shape it would take too much to get it over 200 hp. whereas the 302 will have AT LEAST 200 hp but prolly more than that with the stuff that we are going to do to it. since people keep commenting on the engine, here is a pick of it.

Mustang_I6_engine.jpg

Looks just like my Comet under the hood. Very similar platforms. Prolly a 200 under there. Don't judge a book by its cover. That motor has 7 main bearings and an ass load of torque for only 6 slugs. Very strong block, excellent for hot rodding.

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
Cat Fuzz said:
Looks just like my Comet under the hood. Very similar platforms. Prolly a 200 under there. Don't judge a book by its cover. That motor has 7 main bearings and an ass load of torque for only 6 slugs. Very strong block, excellent for hot rodding.

If you have the money to be "different" and modify the six I'd say go for it. It was a with 200CI I6 with something like 120HP, but that was in the standards of 1965, in todays standards it could be as much as 30HP less.
In reality the 302 is a much stronger starting platform, has a much stronger aftermarket, and is MUCH cheaper to modify.

Last edited:

Cat Fuzz

Qualthwar's Minion. Ph34r!
It could be a 170 too. Oh, thats CI not horsepower (Cubic Inches). The 200CI was rated at 120 HP while the 170 was rated at 101 HP from the factory.

I'm not arguing that the 302 would be cheaper to build, I'm just giving the guy options. People are too ready to dismiss any old iron thats less than 8 cylinders as being useless. I'm just making sure the dude considers all his options. :D

Lynxx

Jul 2, 2000
Visit site
Ruffrider said:
If you have the money to be "different" and modify the six I'd say go for it. It did come with 200HP, but that was in the standards of 1965, in todays standards it could be as much as 40HP less.
In reality the 302 is a much stronger starting platform, has a much stronger aftermarket, and is MUCH cheaper to modify.
it's more like 112 HP. my memory stretches back only so far.

/btw, for a cheap bolt-on HP upgrade, get a 170 head, a carberator from a 250cu.in. Ford engine (you can find one in an old truck), and headers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynxx

Jul 2, 2000
Visit site
Cat Fuzz said:
stangs were built on the Comet/Falcon platform.