Firefox strangness

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Never had that. You can check if it's 'only' a display problem or real loss of data by opening this file:

C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[RANDOMNUMBER].default\bookmarks.html

May vary; just search for bookmarks.html

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Firefox is rather temperamental sometimes. If not for TabbrowserExtentions and Mouse Gestures, I'd probably just go back to IE.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
TheShiningWizard said:
Firefox is rather temperamental sometimes. If not for TabbrowserExtentions and Mouse Gestures, I'd probably just go back to IE.
Links plzkthxbai

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
At one time I lost all my book marks. The file seemed about the correct size but was empty even in note pad. had some power issues earlier that day resulting in a hard crash so I attributed it to that. Thank god I back these things up.

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
Firerox just does that. The profile is supposed to be saved when you exit the program, but sometimes it just goes tits-up and you end up with empty or partial bookmarks and configuration files. I use the Bookmark Backup extension that automatically backs up the parts of the profile you set it to every day of the week to get around this.

Arethusa

Jan 15, 2004
TheShiningWizard said:
TabBrowser Extensions is really pretty annoying. Great in theory; in practice, totally worthless because it's slow as hell.

Arethusa

Jan 15, 2004
If a goddamn web browser can't run fast on an XP 2000+, someone did something wrong.

kill9O

Apr 24, 2005
Yeah, I lost all of my bookmarks too and i hope it never happens again, cause i cant memorize bunch of URL Addresses or whatever there called.