FileFront Closing "Indefinitely" March 30th

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
lol, no it's UT3 - Demoguy in a Doom map (with shotgun) :D

I was asking because I couldn't recognize the weapon. It looks similar to the shotgun used in Judge Dredd.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Brizz, it's hard to believe that BU mirror wouldn't generate at least 1 download a month. The FAQ says that files stay if at least one download a month is generated by *any* of your hosted files. If I understand this correctly, then if you have ~100 files, at least one of the hundred will generate a download thus all other will stay.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yes and TYVM. I could download my files on time. Yes, I am lame, always lazy until I face the last second. :p

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
the last second. :p
It's a pretty damn long second then. Filefront is still up, march 31st. April fools then isn't it? Don't know why they've done it, it's not like saying the site is closing is going to draw traffic to you (logically).

ED: second thought: maybe it will because everyone will be busy downloading their files... Hmmm...

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
It's a pretty damn long second then. Filefront is still up, march 31st. April fools then isn't it? Don't know why they've done it, it's not like saying the site is closing is going to draw traffic to you (logically).

ED: second thought: maybe it will because everyone will be busy downloading their files... Hmmm...

Can't be. They announced that they were closing way before April 1st.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004

Yeah again I doubt it's a joke. But if it is one, they're some ****s ****ed up in the A who needs a shower. I'm sure there was a decent source somewhere on why it has to close down, and it wasn't looking like they've made it all up.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
But if it is one, they're some ****s ****ed up in the A who needs a shower. I'm sure there was a decent source somewhere on why it has to close down, and it was not made up.

Most ***hole joke simply.
Damn, I can still download from it! :eek:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
March 31st, 3:24PM GMT-5. Upload "Down for maintenance" but download still up. For something not economically viable, they sure are taking their time closing down.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Yeah again I doubt it's a joke. But if it is one, they're some ****s ****ed up in the A who needs a shower. I'm sure there was a decent source somewhere on why it has to close down, and it wasn't looking like they've made it all up.

Ziff Davis going bankrupt probably has nothing to do with it.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yep, site error. my guess is that they let time for their users to download everything. Or they said March 30TH when it was April 1st. Just so people DON'T THINK IT'S A APRIL JOKE.