Female only rail cars? And pink striped at that!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
How about the "women not having any recourse" part? Is that a cultural thing that they don't fight back? What about pressing charges?

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
GotBeer? said:
How about the "women not having any recourse" part? Is that a cultural thing that they don't fight back? What about pressing charges?
I take it you've never been in a train?

It's really, really crowded and there's a lot of shuffling around. Most of the time you wouldn't even realize something happened. And for the rest, the dude's gone by the chance you get a good look. And even if you do (and he's stupid enough to not wear a hooded sweatshirt), there's way too many people to easily maneuver around. Finally, there's this code of privacy on commuter trains. You simply mind your own business. If two peeps are making out and spinning juice all over the place, you still mind your own business. Maybe move to another car if you have kids with you.

And on top of that, that's not how it works. These aren't really... sexual predators in the same sense that you're probably thinking of. These guys are really more or less just perverts.

Keep in mind that railed transport play a huge role in Japan. It's virtually impossible to pin down one invidividual.

gamergirl1337

Mar 23, 2006
BFOhio
but why PINK!!! i hate pink i'm a girl but the color pink is ugly as hell...:Poop: :Poop: i hate that color i dont see why they have to be pink why can't they use blue or something....damn....sexist ass rail engineers.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Probably helps keep all the "real men" off the women's car. Only preppy wusses of questionable sexual orientation wear pink polo shirts.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
GotBeer? said:
Yeah, but how many times has a woman groped you on a crowded train? Unfortunately, many men have boundary issues. This is one time when "women only" doesn't piss me off.
Several times, I just shut up about it.

Replace train for school though.

I was once groped by a guy at work (not my current job) repetitively -- told the manager if he didn't stop I'd kick his ass. They didn't build a separate grill for me.

Last edited:

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
GotBeer? said:
Probably helps keep all the "real men" off the women's car. Only preppy wusses of questionable sexual orientation wear pink polo shirts.

Actually men are not allowed on the pink cars. You will get some pretty mean stairs, and if a train conductor sees you in there, I think you can get in some trouble. You can't even just walk through it to another car. During rush hour the regular cars will be packed, and they are cramming people in to the cars, but the women only cars will be pretty empty for the most part and still have places to sit. I still think it is a good idea, because it really is a problem over there.

To answer your first question: It's because in Japanese Culture it is looked down to bring attention to yourself, and as stupid as it may seems, women are too afraid, ashamed, or don't want to make a fuss about it. Japanese get embarrassed very easily, so to go report this and then have all the poice looking for this guy is usually too much for most Japanese Women. There is also the huge amount of paper work that gets filled out for such a think if you catch the guy and bring him to a cop. It usually takes about 4 hours to fill out, so most women don't even bother. Like I said it's happened to my GF, and about every Japanese Girl I know there has had something like this happen. One girl I know this happened to while waiting on the platform for the train. They refer to these kind of people as Chikan.