Feedback on 2.0!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
fireball said:
The autoturrets are far worse.
However, I'm actually having fun playing this build.

ah, i remember now... it's supposed to be fun ....and it is!
fun for free, what could be more congenial on a wet english weekend.
:)

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
and the bug that you can't fire, see players and enter vehiculars is still there... that bug is annoying.

this one is annoying too, if there is someone in a giant turrent, and you fire rockets to it, it hits the giant turrent, but it gets mostly no damage.

iddQd said:
It's U2XMP style. Vehicles go boom when the colide. But the tank did survive (with major damage) if it was hit at full health, right? My memory's a little fuzzy. Will have to play some u2xmp again.

well the juggernaut even not survives with full HP.

Last edited:

Jaybo

Clanbase UTXMP Supervisor
Oct 11, 2002
www.12monkeyz.com
The spawnbug is annoying yes, but when u die and it doesnt show the yellow "You will spawn here" writing at bottom, you can press f4 and switch teams like everybody does..BUT if u keep pressing the number of the team your on (for example your blue so u press no.1) that cycles the spawn points.

Another annoying bug is getting into any vehicle. The turret can be near impossible to enter, but when your in a rush and escaping with arti..suddenly u get the turret..grr

The auto turrets, especially the assault gun turret is very quiet, its hard to gauge where the sound is coming from, and when your defending its hard to tell someone is coming down the corridor you set up a turret on, because u cant hear it.

Grenades take too long to load. Also, when you run out of ammo on the grenade launcher, it still lets you fire one more round, but nothing comes out. Also, if you switch weps while firing, the text comes up to say you have switched, but the gun remains on screen till you fire 1 more shot - which produces nothing but noise, then it switches

Hope these get ironed in the next patch :)

Not sure if its possible, but is there anyway to add a system that allows sudden death. Sudden death could be based on something like:

the next arti capture wins the map

This would help in competitive games so that there would be No draw, and No silly ruling that would win the game depending on how many energy/deploys/turrets/ammo/smelly socks you own

Good job FMI, keep up the excellent work.

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
Jaybo said:
Not sure if its possible, but is there anyway to add a system that allows sudden death. Sudden death could be based on something like:
the next arti capture wins the map
This would help in competitive games so that there would be No draw, and No silly ruling that would win the game depending on how many energy/deploys/turrets/ammo/smelly socks you own

omg that would be like penalty shootouts at the end of a football game? ('soccer' i believe it's erroneously called .... shudder, should there be injury time too? perhaps rangers should be stretchered off when they bruise a toe like in soccer too ;) )
it's a good idea, but i like the idea of adding up power etc, because it rewards the whole tream including the players who work on support (energy, deploys, defence; low-scoring things) rather than just the high scoring & high profile fraggers and arti runners. (ie all the better players than me! :p )
on that subject, i wish defence scored higher anyway..

ScorpioProX

Sep 2, 2004
I like the new build cause its more fun playing, still lots of things seem some how off.
The splash damage of the jug(it seems too concentrated), The switching weapon speed(takes way too long), The jet pack boost jump(like 10 small jumps), The HUD personal power indication(Not sure when I can boost jump again), The raptor…(its not that fast, still is glued too the ground like its big and heavy, the suspension sucks cause when you fly over a small hill and you land on all 4s you lose 50% health, when you wanna drive over a upright wall or stone that is more then 10% of your front wheel in height you explode).

And of cores the big bugs like the respawn bug, abele too get in one car with red and blue at the same time… don’t get how that was missed…took me 10 minutes of playing to find out that.

Well The feel of the game is off cores personal (Still think more ppl feel like this).

All the things you guys from FMI did too make utXmp Look better I could do without, big bugs fixes before eye candy…IMO(game looks better now and some bug fixes there were needed. Just not as much as the game play fixes…)

Don’t get me wrong I like the build, I just don’t get the choices fmi made…

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
the vehiculars seem to vulnerable... they blow up to quick. just drive over a medium rough terrain and you will see what I mean.

further until now I have nothing to add, it is very good playable, although the game could be slightly brighter but you can set that ofcourse in your settings.

so keep it up :)

StarGunner

Dec 18, 2004
WolfmanK said:
The raptor seems a bit fragile, but thats not nessesarily a bad thing, just something to get used too. All in all its a great patch guys... Thanks for giving new birth to a great game type.

Another gripe is that the doge moves need to be limited some what people are not useing sprint ever now because they can just doge their ways around the map. Personaly I think doge spamming can ruin a good fight, and it should be linked to stamina to prevent people from spamming with it and using nothing else to get around the world. I have played U2XMP and it was mutch more tatical because we had no doge, and people had to think about what move they should make not just doge spam when they get into a cloce fight like they do now.

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
StarGunner said:
I have played U2XMP and it was mutch more tatical because we had no doge, and people had to think about what move they should make not just doge spam when they get into a cloce fight like they do now.

Err?! I played U2XMP too and I was dodging all over the maps. :rolleyes:

StarGunner

Dec 18, 2004
cyb said:
Err?! I played U2XMP too and I was dodging all over the maps. :rolleyes:

But doge had limits not just an instant thing like it is now it worked differently and was more realistic, plus there was no forward doge in U2XMP.

StarGunner

Dec 18, 2004
Xaero said:
dodge spam?

As in spam with the doge by hitting two of the doge keys to doge back and forth in an never ending way every time you get into a fight with another player. It ruins the fun of thinking about your move and useing judgement to attack the enemy. AKA players never resupply, they never realy go after the objectives if one team has more than they do. All they care about is points/kills nobody attacks togather, they all just runaround like chickens with their heads cut off and shoot/doge spam. Theres no thought in that just twitch games is all this game is now. It was not like this in U2XMP people would snipe from towers, and ****, but the sniper is runing around the map dogeing and snipeing all at the same time and never defending.

Thus rounds go on for hours and new maps almost never come because all people care about is out killing the other team, not attacking the objectives. My point is that team play is totaly gone from UTXMP. It's a twitch game now and the dev team is not doing anything about it to get the gameplay back to a more team game like it should be.

Last edited:

SwiftPaladin

Boing!
Feb 4, 2004
San Jose, CA
If you simply double tap to your left, you'll do a small dodge (more like side hop) but there will be a pause--meaning you have to wait to do another dodge again. This simple dodge is short and predictable, and therefore you'll still be susceptible to the shotty/rockets/nades (all three classes). If I go around a map just using this dodge, I'll easily get killed time and time again.
If you add sprint to the dodge, then the distance increases significantly and one is able to maneuver better in fights. Sprint, however, is limited.
Some people have mastered the skill of continually dodging, even when using sprint to boost the distance of the dodge.

"Teh n00b is uzeeng teh dojje spamz0rs!"

I'll let someone else address your concerns about teamplay (lol).

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Well, i don't know where he's been playing at, but I've a ton of good games over the past few days. The long, hard fought games are the most satisfying to play (in a pub).

Keep in mind that XMP is very tacticle oriented. Sure, I guess everyone can just make artifact runs all the time, but where is the fun in that? Taking deploys and gens, then defending your position while the other team is trying to take it is part of what makes XMP's gameplay so great. I guess it could look like people just dodging around DMing, but if you look closer, there is much more to it than that.

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
Xaero said:
I guess it could look like people just dodging around DMing, but if you look closer, there is much more to it than that.

unless you are playing RGB :lol:

Fleury14

Lei STILL sux. It's true.
Jan 6, 2003
Fresno, CA
Visit site
StarGunner said:
Another gripe is that the doge moves need to be limited some what people are not useing sprint ever now because they can just doge their ways around the map. Personaly I think doge spamming can ruin a good fight, and it should be linked to stamina to prevent people from spamming with it and using nothing else to get around the world. I have played U2XMP and it was mutch more tatical because we had no doge, and people had to think about what move they should make not just doge spam when they get into a cloce fight like they do now.

The 'dodge spamming' was much worse in U2XMP than it is here. Some people bounced around in U2 like the ground had spikes.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
grasshopper anybody? rofl.

**** people jump/dodged allover in u2 it was part of the game.

i will be trying this out soon as i can its to hot in here atm for me to play much:(

i would like to see the old u2 hud avalable as an option though. maby add a few choices.
I liked/like the u2 hud once u learn to read it its very easy to use/understand