Feedback on 2.0!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
I've only given the game a quick playthrough (about 20 minutes) and have some thoughts I would like to share.

First of all, 2.0 is a HUGE step in the right direction. Hell, I can even say that this modd is almost there! The movements are now well, I'd like to say that they are identical to its origin. Almost all weapons feels right to use and vehicles/manned works great!

But if I am to be picky, which I should be rigth? There are a few points I would like to comment on:

- There's something funky with the Assault Gun reload annimation when it auto reloads after the clip has been emptied.
- I kindof miss the old Shock Lance hit effect, made it feel more powerful.
- The Harbinger backgun is working alot better now, though one of it's best features was that wherever it hit, it left... um... electric waste? which inflicted ALOT damage to whatever stepped over it.
- The Raptor topgun is missing something which made it feel a little more powerfull in U2XMP. Maybe whats missing out is an fire animation, I mean there should be some fire effect which flashes from the pipe of the gun.
- Still miss the old HUD ;).
- Please, please pretty please, remove the "uagghuarrr" death screams from players. At least make the female players have a female voice ;).
- The raptor almost have too much grip now but only hwen it comes to turning. I think that if youre driving in max speed and turning you should loose a little grip after time.

The best update must be FIXED movements. I can now dodge instantly after I land on the ground. This makes the gameplay flow much more and allows a player to reach higher levels of skill, Woohoo! Also speed and hights of jumps feels right!

Once again I want to say that these are REALLY small things, which are my own oppinion of what could make this game even more xmp'ish. Maybe some things are changed for a good reason which I don't know of.

/iddQd

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
By weak vehicles, do you mean speed or how easy they are to blow up now? I can't play for probably another 10hrs!

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
I think the beta 2 is awesome! Thank you FMI guys. Great work.

I am not going to say anything negative about this patch or point out any bugs today.

This is a day for celebration! A day for clinking steins together. A day for hugs and kisses. Show some love to FMI!
:rockon: \o/ :fluffle: :clap: :2thumb:

|SaP|Sammael

Dec 10, 2004
it's definitely getting there but for me there are still quite a few small problems:

• Weapon changing, weapons seem to be too laborious to change and sometimes decide not to change at critical times
  • Grenade launcher fire rate is much too long rendering most rangers and techs almost useless against vehicles.
  • Somehow when you hit something with the pistol or sniper rifle, or even the shotgun it doesnt feel like youve hit them, maybe something as small as a bigger blood splash could correct this
  • When you get into a vehicle turret such as a juggernaut you end up facing the opposite direction of where the turret was facing on the juggernaut model
  • The tech seems to be like god but more powerful with his shotgun which even now seems to deal ridiculous damage even at range.

But lots of things are excellent now, the movement, when the landing bob is removed is perfect imo, the spawn bug is quite an obvious thing that i know you guys will sort ;), and some of the weapon effects are even cooler than the original U2XMP :)

gj fmi

Darkstar(nl)

Unreal Gamer
Jul 21, 2005
www.getphpbb.com
pistos said:
I think the beta 2 is awesome! Thank you FMI guys. Great work.

I am not going to say anything negative about this patch or point out any bugs today.

This is a day for celebration! A day for clinking steins together. A day for hugs and kisses. Show some love to FMI!
:rockon: \o/ :fluffle: :clap: :2thumb:
You got my vote.
FMI good work on beta 2.

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
pistos said:

me 2

[1]Prim£

Total n00b
Jul 22, 2005
Coventry, UK
Well, I thought I'd never get to post in here but here goes.. I think you guys have done a great job. It took time, but anything worth while always does...nice job FMI :D:D:D

Now..about that togglebehindview............. :p

Peace out .

Lopar-XL

Currently trying to mend my mind, etc.
Jul 8, 2005
USA
profile.imageshack.us
Congratulations!

I congratulate FMI with all my heart for their patience and perserverence with this mod. For a while there, I was worried that UT:XMP would go down the drain like so many other projects. Beta 2 is a MASSIVE improvement over the previous one, in parts big and small. Thank you so much!

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
iddQd said:
The best update must be FIXED movements. I can now dodge instantly after I land on the ground. This makes the gameplay flow much more and allows a player to reach higher levels of skill, Woohoo!
Think Wormbo is owed some credit for that ;)

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
well they did a very nice job, the hackinganimation is much better now.

well, there is something wrong with that flamethrower on the juggernaut, if you are far enough away according to the animation, you still get hit O-o and just the same as the minigun that was on the juggernaut, those bots can shoot 360°...

concussion still is :hmm:

I'd like to know how do I set other weapons a higher priority then the ones in the list, I now respawn with the grenade launcher with the gunner :S and I'd like to respawn with the rocketlauncher :(

Last edited: