Feedback on 2.0!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AshTrai

CaSuAlTy Of SoCiEtY
Nov 25, 2004
www.clanuk2.co.uk
It's not that the new hud is bad, its just not as good as the old 1. The U2 hud was thin and unemposing... the new 1 is just too big and chunky... it dominates the every corner of the screen its in. No HUD should be like that :(

Would be nice to at least scale it... but that option has been blocked in options presumably since it doesn't work.

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
those stamina and adrenalinebars could get some better image.

and the dodge off the wall could be more powerfull...

Last edited:

StarGunner

Dec 18, 2004
heavy_wargod said:
those stamina and adrenalinebars could get some better image.

Well my thoughts aside it's still a good game, My biggest gripe as I said in my first post is the sounds, they are all way too quiet. I'm sure they are good just too soft for the player to realy hear them, and they were much lowder in U2XMP. Plus the flamer effect is almost perfict just make it start out blue, and make it shoot out more like a stream like it did in U2XMP and it will be perfict. The tank shot effects are still the old UT ones and need to go to the way side for a real tank shot animation.

Also the turrets still have some problems like them not staying togather in online games when somone is useing them. Thats as in they tend to pop off the hingges and flote mid air. The turret effects could use some muzzle flashes to help the player know when they are being shot at and not just see a stream of green plasma, or a big laser shoot outa a gun with no worning.

Last edited:

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
heavy_wargod said:

Huh? The jump distance from a wall jump is actually a little longer in most cases. What do you mean?

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
JagoXmp said:
Huh? The jump distance from a wall jump is actually a little longer in most cases. What do you mean?

well, if you now use the jetpack, then walldodge and jetpack as fast as you can, you do not get as far from that wall you started with as in U2XMP. the dodge off the wall is stronger correct me if I'm wrong :S

Last edited:

ScorpioProX

Sep 2, 2004
spineblaZe said:
The assault rifle traces are hella annoying, and should be removed and/or have an option to turn them off client side. :eek:

:tup:
yes make it optional...why are they there anyway?

KillaALF

Mar 9, 2004
JagoXmp said:

It's not just wall jumps. I just played a couple of minutes last Friday, but I was able to get to the top of the tower on cloud (Alcazar) with a tech. On the first try no less. Never been able to do that in U2XMP - Tech actually feels like a ranger in this build.

StarGunner said:
...plus there was no forward doge in U2XMP

It's quite obvious that you've never played it.

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
KillaALF said:
Tech actually feels like a ranger in this build.

eh, I think the gunner is now more like a ranger, but ok :D

ow and I played some offline, so instant action, and the weird thing is, when the bots hack 2 energysources (I every time said; We need energy!) that you can place really A LOT of turrents, especially when you have 3 energysources. I was easely able to place a 20-40 turrents. I do not know if that is the same as online gameplay, I'll go check that.

Last edited:

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
heavy_wargod said:
eh, I think the gunner is now more like a ranger, but ok :D

ow and I played some offline, so instant action, and the weird thing is, when the bots hack 2 energysources (I every time said; We need energy!) that you can place really A LOT of turrents, especially when you have 3 energysources. I was easely able to place a 20-40 turrents. I do not know if that is the same as online gameplay, I'll go check that.
Now that's turret farmin'! What kinda manure you usin' fer fertilizer there son?

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
heavy_wargod said:

The amount of energy each gen produces depends on how many people you have on each team. Bots also use very little energy, as they don't use jump-jets to move round the map

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
Naib said:
The amount of energy each gen produces depends on how many people you have on each team. Bots also use very little energy, as they don't use jump-jets to move round the map

heheh very very good to know :D
turrentfarmtime then :lol:
but that is not the case in U2XMP though. :S
I placed some rocketturrents, but they weren't counted in my list of active automated defences. I had 6 active according that, but it was something like 17.

ow and 1 weird bug, that small manable turrent in XMP-garden blowed itself up when I entered and shot 2 shots. it stopped shooting, so I clicked again and it exploded :(

and in patch 1a you had that the flamethrower does not damage you when you fire, but now it reflects on anything and hits you. everytime you hit something, you get hit :S.

here a weird screenshot;
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6953/shot000039fm.jpg

and those are the only places where you can put napalm in that area from the stairs to the medium turrent.

Last edited:

Skaxis

Oct 25, 2003
Everett, WA
Visit site
If I could change only 1 thing

If the genie in the lamp could grant me just 1 wish, it is that the raptor turret and Juggernaught turrets could be operated as they would in reality relative to the pitch/angle of the vehicle when it is on a hill. You can't aim down when on a hill you can only shoot straight/level to the XY plane or aim slightly up... or something to that effect.. so either the raptor or the Juggy on a hill have their turrets rendered nearly useless when the vehicle is navigating the side of a hill.

That is all. :)