Favourite character!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
What are your favourite characters from all the Unreal series games? Choose only from official and semi-official characters though (BPs are good, but no mods).

Unreal:
Dante. Basically he's the only one that looks at least a bit better. His model looks the best from all of those available, and his skin make him look quite smart (as opposed to Carter and other MaleOnes :D ).

Unreal Tournament:
I don't have a favourite. Yet the ones I like are Malcom, Othello, Nali and WarCow. They are all cool in some places.

Unreal Tournament 2003:
Scarab. That's because I like the Egyptian theme a lot. I don't choose Hyena because his hat looks too stupid IMO, and Horus... Well, it's cool too, but Scarab is younger, so more similar to me :)
Although have to say that Brock and Malcolm are also very worthy as they have the best animations in the game IMO.

Unreal II:
Nothing to choose from in SP, but in multiplayer I like the Medium Marine and Skaarj skins. Mostly because they're both of the medium class, which I like very much, and because they aren't bulky like heavy, and have more shiny armour than the light counterparts. Plus they both have interesting history.

Unreal II XMP:
Ranger, because of it's eyes glowing in the dark, in the team colour. Although I like the Medium class better for gameplay reasons.

Unreal Tournament 2004:
Still Scarab. The Skaarj are OK, but they're a bit too skinny, and I like the Skaarj from Unreal II more.

Unreal Tournament 3:
Uhhm, I haven't played anything over the Demo, so probably my choice is the Demo Guy :D

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
So since in all the other tournaments it is always the default character that won in the SP story (Malcolm, Gorge, sidi in some comment that Jacob won in UT2004) does that make Demoguy the real victor of UT3?

JEnepas

Feb 5, 2008
The characters are one of the weakest elements of UT3, it's as though they were put in very late in development like an afterthought and they all seem real samey ,apart from the lumbering Krall which look like the were thrown in to please 10 year old GOW fans. In UT3 unlike Ut2004 you don't associate regular players with certain characters anymore, in large part because of the said demoguy bug problem. All characters look washed out too.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Unreal: Ash
UT: Barktooth or somethin
UT2k3: Syzygy/Gorge
UT2k4: Gorge/Axon
UC2: Gorge/Anubis/Lauren
UT3: I usually use a custom, IronGuard or Liandri

ne_skaju

lost and found
Jan 21, 2008
Izvarino
UT: Rankin
UT2004: Romulus and all also played of Skaarjes
UT3: DemoGuy
and sometimes Brock(w/stylish googles) or Johnson (light armor w/o any masks)

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
You forget the "Why" question people :D Skakruk, nice reply, pictures always liven up the threads :) We're not restricted to PChars, but it would be better if you would then also post your default character too :)
Yea, the Automatons from UT2003 were nice too. And you're right, the women in UT2KX are too thin and have very bad animations compared to UT99.

Hmm, would you find a lot of DemoGuys if you went to play UT3 online? :D

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
U1: Bane
UT: Damien (PS2), Blue WarBoss, Dominator (PS2), Xan MK2 (Green)
UC2: Selket
UT3: Akasha

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
(Semi) official characters... let's see...
I hardly stick to the default characters anyway. I prefer custom models.

Unreal: Skaarjtrooper in multiplayer mode, unfortunately he's too big sometimes. So I switch to dante or ash iirc.

UT: Atomic cow. I'm fed up with the default human characters. I leave those for the bots.

UT2003: I liked the gen mo kai characters.

UT2004: Skaarj I suppose.

UT3: I don't know, they all look alike.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Unreal: Male 3, Bane.
UT: Flip-flopped for awhile. For awhile, I used Xan Mk II, but now I tend to use Othello.
2k3: Torch. Didn't really find one I clicked with in 2k3.
2k4: Xan Mk 3, then Othello again toward the tail end.
UT3: Othello yet again. See a pattern? :p I'd probably use Xan or Malcolm if either of them are in the expansion, however.
UT4: MarkRein. With my TwoWeekalizer, I can kick and ban everyone from the server just by farting.