Fatal1ty Schools Teens In UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
A priceless course, the program costs $3,499 and $300 for optional weekend stays. Don’t just play Unreal Tournament 3, play the Fatalt1ty way!

LAWL!!

hypno would pwn Fatal1ty. Hell, a lot of people would pwn Fatal1ty.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I worry more about the kind of people that would pay for this kind of stuff ...

No wonder UT3 failed ... when you need to spend thousands of dollars just to learn how to play the game ;)

At this point in time 'Fatality' is like that skater-dude Tony Hawkins (sp?). The only reason people even know about him is because of stuff like this and not because of his 'real' career ...

I guess the real truth is that even a 'professional' gamer can't earn enough money to make a living unless he has high-profile scams like this.

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
I've played him. In TAM. He evades a lot but I did get two headshots on him. He's a good player but its pathetic that people would pay this kind of money. Is there an open bar? I mean how is this cost justified? This is nothing more then hardware manufacturers wanting a poster child for their gaming hardware they push on us. If he wants to play that part and make a bunch of money, can you really blame him? Blame Creative and all the other hardware manufacturers.

iDGamingAcademy said Maya is the most advanced modeling program used in the indusrty. Yeah cause Zbrush and Mudbox and Max are garbage. haha At this camp you get a copy of Maya. Its likely the basic learning edition that expires or something. Maya is great but Max is better rounded IMO. Having used both maybe they should introduce both? Wild idea. This entire program just seems weak. Guildhall at SMU had a really impressive open house. These schools are great for contacts but you will end up learning more from the community. And if you need to go to school to learn about color themes for an environment you're already in trouble. haha

Last edited:
P

Pcube

Wow. Totally ludicrous... Sounds like something rich parents would send their obnoxious kids to for a couple weeks...

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
A priceless course, the program costs $3,499 and $300 for optional weekend stays.

W h a t ? ? ?
so, just to make sure i get that right - you spend 2 weeks there; this dude teaches you how to play the game; just before you're going home you're getting a keyboard from his hardware line and you pay $3,499 for that?
and people actually do that?
i'd really love to meet someone who does just so i can touch them to find out if they're real...

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Anyone wanna throw in to send Skold? Maybe they can teach him to do a standing combo.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I've played him. In TAM. He evades a lot but I did get two headshots on him. He's a good player but its pathetic that people would pay this kind of money. Is there an open bar? I mean how is this cost justified? This is nothing more then hardware manufacturers wanting a poster child for their gaming hardware they push on us. If he wants to play that part and make a bunch of money, can you really blame him? Blame Creative and all the other hardware manufacturers.
I've played him, too. He was great at UT200x, because he is the king of "If I get hit, run away and hide, then get a lucky kill and spawn camp the rest of the game" and UT200x rewarded that kind of gameplay :)
iDGamingAcademy said Maya is the most advanced modeling program used in the indusrty. Yeah cause Zbrush and Mudbox and Max are garbage. haha At this camp you get a copy of Maya. Its likely the basic learning edition that expires or something. Maya is great but Max is better rounded IMO. Having used both maybe they should introduce both? Wild idea. This entire program just seems weak. Guildhall at SMU had a really impressive open house. These schools are great for contacts but you will end up learning more from the community. And if you need to go to school to learn about color themes for an environment you're already in trouble. haha
FYI, Maya and 3D Studio are both owned by Alias|Wavefront now :)

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Camp Fatal1ty™

Johnathan “Fatal1ty™” Wendel

So what id be wondering is... Is it Fatal1ty™ now not Fatal1ty? Tom Clancy eat your heart out that isnt even his real name :lol:

Fancy that, being able to sue gamers who use your tag... Actually thats kinda lame dude!

Last edited:
W

Wait.... What?

Shoot me for reading this, then bothering to post a reply.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
So what id be wondering is... Is it Fatal1ty™ now not Fatal1ty? Tom Clancy eat your heart out that isnt even his real name :lol:

Fancy that, being able to sue gamers who use your tag... Actually thats kinda lame dude!

that's what happens when people are not in it for the game/to have fun anymore but simply for the money. and obviously he's getting heaps of that.

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
I've played him, too. He was great at UT200x, because he is the king of "If I get hit, run away and hide, then get a lucky kill and spawn camp the rest of the game" and UT200x rewarded that kind of gameplay :)

FYI, Maya and 3D Studio are both owned by Alias|Wavefront now :)

Yeah I know but I think its bad for a school to not introduce all the tools. Zbrush and Mudbox are superior for organics. About fatality though. I wouldn't say in particular UT2004's gameplay was allowing him to run away better because I've seen him do the same in Quake 4 and other games. He brings that over to all games. UT2004 and the shieldgun was great to evade with but I just always made sure I engaged people who ran away close up and didn't have any problems.

I was the sneaky jerk around corners witht he flak. While different from UT99 I would have to say UT2004 and UT99 have way better gameplay then UT3 IMO. What was needed for UT2004 to be truly great wa only a reduction in dodge jump height and a less powerful shieldgun. If dodge jump was more of a horizontal evade movement then a jump it would have been perfect. But other then that it was perfect IMO on the gameplay side of things. Taking away dodge jump completely makes Warfare a bit odd. You can see this in the reduction in splash damage from the goliath. A good evasion movement was needed. So it should have simply been made a horizontal evade movement and not a long floating jump. Thats just me. </rant>

Last edited:

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas

I never thought of that. His tag/name is a brand now. Sadly I' typing this on a fatality keyboard. Sorry its an awesome keyboard. But I did spray paint over the giant fatality logo. I dont get why this guy is praised so much. You can likely find the old Quake 4 quake con tournament vids where he spams the hell out of people with the grenade launcher. The announcer is like good shot! after 25 grenades. hahah:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
While different from UT99 I would have to say UT2004 and UT99 have way better gameplay then UT3 IMO. What was needed for UT2004 to be truly great wa only a reduction in dodge jump height and a less powerful shieldgun. If dodge jump was more of a horizontal evade movement then a jump it would have been perfect. But other then that it was perfect IMO on the gameplay side of things. Taking away dodge jump completely makes Warfare a bit odd. You can see this in the reduction in splash damage from the goliath. A good evasion movement was needed. So it should have simply been made a horizontal evade movement and not a long floating jump. Thats just me. </rant>
I completely disagree. The change you've just suggested would have increased the gap between new players and decent players even further.

The dodge jump was significantly weakened between UT2003 and UT2004 which already made the hitscan weapons way more powerful than they ever should have been.

Sys-X

Commercialized Killer !!!
Mar 22, 2006
Netherlands
A priceless course, the program costs $3,499 and $300 for optional weekend stays.

Wow for that money you can buy the ultimate gaming rig or even go on a holiday and get totally wasted.
If you want to get better you have to practise practise practise and even then you'll need good hand eye coordination and some brains.

Failtality is fail :mad:

Sys-X

Commercialized Killer !!!
Mar 22, 2006
Netherlands
i dunno, the price might not be too bad really - i mean, skold charged me $975.00 for his nook strategy alone.

I hope you're not joking, there are other things you could do with that amount of money that is more justifying then learning how to play a game and learn some stuff you can find online or just by asking the right ppl.