Far Cry SDK released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Wow a few month late but still better than never. I'm very curious about the teams judgement!

BTW Crytech, the makers of FarCry moved from Ubi to EA. (hard to say if this is good news on the support side of FarCry...)

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Hah. Ubi's rather craptacular community involvement record looks pretty good compared to EA's policy of active malevolence and misanthropy towards its customers. Great news indeed.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
If they go Half Life that is the day I delete Infiltration from my system forever. I can except Doom 3, not completely happy but I can except it. Half Life, not a chance.

Edit: Just read, but not verified, that Carmack tried Doom 3 with 8 people on a lan and it started to lag. If this is the case than no Infiltration on Doom 3.

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Okeydokey, it's simple. The next Inf will be multiplatform with hacked in network support for interoperatibility so everyone can play it on the engine he wants (I'll choose the Monkey Island engine with Inf written in scumm. "Shoot" "3rd burst" "guy with CD". Can't miss.). Problem solved, noone has to die and the first one who crys has to eat 20 pounds of donoughts in a single hour as punishment.

TitanBlue

KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
Hadmar said:
Okeydokey, it's simple. The next Inf will be multiplatform with hacked in network support for interoperatibility so everyone can play it on the engine he wants (I'll choose the Monkey Island engine with Inf written in scumm. "Shoot" "3rd burst" "guy with CD". Can't miss.). Problem solved, noone has to die and the first one who crys has to eat 20 pounds of donoughts in a single hour as punishment.

SCUMM would be nice, then i can play INF everywhere on my PocketPC :D
What about INF on the DOOM³-Engine for the XBOX? :p serious! I'd love it

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Well just finished reading the forums for Far Cry. It seems the discussions are leading to the following conclusion: "We now have a 2 year old model exporter and importer." -not a direct qoute but sums it up pretty well.

Downloading it myself now and will look at later today.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Hadmar said:
Problem solved, noone has to die and the first one who crys has to eat 20 pounds of donoughts in a single hour as punishment.

What's the punishment in getting half a breakfast for free? :D

Concerning Crytec, Ubi, EA: As far as I understood FarCry itself is sticking with Ubi. That could mean that Crytec isn't so keen on supporting a product of their former publisher...