Eye candy for UT2k3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
well you can open up the umod in your favorite mac text editor to find the entries....however that would take some time to do since there are so many entries.

FreakinMeany

Booga booga boo!
Nov 20, 2001
Humid as hell, FL
www.mapraider.com
I'm so dumb. Okay, not really, but anyway -

There's a UMOD installer with source code in the extras folder on Disc 2/2 of the Mac install disks. Doh!

It does accept the UMOD file, but it doesn't look like any of the changes are being applied to the INI file. Not sure why. If I figure it out, I'll let ya know in case anyone else has the problem.

The Twiggman

Instagib 4 Life
Mike you should submit that umod to like UT2003HQ

Would fit the mod category. That site gets a nice pile of hits to things. Lol I released a map yesterday and today it had over 2000 views. The funny thing is I didn't even upload it. People snag your stuff and upload it. But they credit the author so thats cool.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Heh, well i didnt put read me files in them because i assumed that anyone who grabbed the Umod files did so from my site.
So you really don't know what they do unless you click on the project link. Rarely does anyone do such a thing.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
OO7MIKE said:
Heh, well i didnt put read me files in them because i assumed that anyone who grabbed the Umod files did so from my site.
So you really don't know what they do unless you click on the project link. Rarely does anyone do such a thing.
Better put read me files in as other forums I`m posting your page in, some of them seem to be just grabing the files without knowing what to do with them or taking the time to read the page. :rolleyes:

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I havent sent the umod files anywhere for quality reasons. If i keep them on my site i can control any problems that occur. Like bugs and other issues that come up. So far none have come up for 2k3 version. I feel a lot better about it this way.

This isnt a fully configurable mod. Its more like a...Read the paragraphs and pick the version that best fits you...then install.

As peoples Pc's get better i can change the settings so it will look even better. Sending this utility off to the coutless mod sites and then asking them to update it for me because i have a new version is a pain. Too many different versions.

Ill work on getting a read me in the 2k3 versions today. Eye Candy v2 for UT1 already has read me's in them.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
K, I added read me files. They all have identicle read me files. Basically just copies of the text on my site with some extra info for users.

I also found a bug in the gf2 versions. It's been fixed. Seems I forgot to deactivate character shadows.

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Full detail, all video card options set to quality not performance. AA by 8x, Anistropic filtering 8x, looks like a new game Mike. :)

eyecandy2k3shot1.jpg

eyecandy2k3shot2.jpg

eyecandy2k3shot3.jpg

eyecandy2k3shot4.jpg

eyecandy2k3shot5.jpg

eyecandyutshot1.jpg

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
It's gonna look even better on your video card once epic unlocks the ultra high settings. Im very sure the eye candy settings will take a toll on your system even with out AA.

bobtheking

Monkey in a bucket
Dec 1, 2001
dx*dp >= h/4pi
Visit site
nice job mike, for UT1 did you manage to make new DXTn textures? if so, i'm impressed, i didn't think there would be enough of the code released to do such modifications like that. either way, it looks awsome :)

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
LOL thx
I wasnt able to fit any of the the modified textures i made into a texture package. Lots of crashes and cursing over that. Not only that but it looks like the only way to make it work is to hack the textures. UT wont let modified texture packages be played online. But they work fine offline.
I do have a 315mb version for UT1 with selected texture packs. Some of the texture packs are horrible and do not give the user a better experience so i had to leave out some of those packages and replace them with the origonal textures. They are all fixed textures and they all come in a nice and neat package. Unfortionately its a large download. But hey....it gives you the best of UT1 :)

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
People from other forums are asking is there a way to uninstall this tweak as they must be grabbing the best one and it`s choking their systems down. Some have claimed to have to reinstall the game to get rid of the eye candy tweaks. You should make it so if you click on it the second time, it uninstalles the video options. :tup:

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
...or can you make one to put all the settings back to original so they wouldn`t have to reinstall the game?
I know...I know...:rolleyes:I told them to read the page and only get the one their system could handle!!