Evil Mussle Flash!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
I nominate that "picture of teh year"
And yeah, if they were level, they would look so much better.
(Psst, anyone know where its located it the code?)

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
How about a new 3rd person muzzle flash entirly, this one seems to use lighting and animations and texturing like crazy! I would like to see a transparent white one, that is *smaller* than my torso. The #rd person muzzle flashes for the pistols would look better [and more real] if it where placed infront of primarys, too.

Ranger .223

Leadin the way
Jun 15, 2001
Looserville Ky
Visit site
i always thought that on a m16 the flash was like 5 spikes coming out of the flash hider, and that the different flash hiders made a different flash, i have never really payed attention to anything but MY(IRL) 870's blast and it's tremendous.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
I just got another idea for my "retarded weapons" thread in Off Topic.

... the Spark Cannon. :D

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
this might be another one of those engine-limitations ...

I think the real problem is the fact that where your 'playermodel' aims isn't were you are aiming.

I've seen it in regular UT too. I suggest you look at anyone firing the pulse gun at targets below or above them (with the alternative firemode this is really easy to see).

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Nonetheless, it would be exceedingly good if the INF team could find a way to make the "playermodels" aim EXACTLY where the player is actually aiming...

And we should be able to see ourselves when we look down too, if possible.

EDIT: ...and you can shoot yourself in the foot.

Imagine the possibilities.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
With M16, you can only see muzzle flash in darkness, even with 14.5" barrel, and when you do see it, it's 6 little spikes around the flash suppressor, not a huge blowtorch. 14.5" barrel produces more flash and bang than 20.5", but still very little.

Same with a G3 or MG3 or P1. I tried several times at the shooting range to see the muzzle flash (both with me firing and "third person"), but at best I all I saw was smoke coming out the muzzle. Also the grass was blown over, of course (firing prone).

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Originally posted by Puncher
Also the grass was blown over, of course (firing prone).

LOL, this is something I never noticed happening... must be the almost complete lack of grass around where I'm stationed :D

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
man, muzzle flash is so inconsequential it's not even funny... firing an m-16 at night in pretty much total darkness produces (whaddaya know) NO DISCERNABLE MUZZLE FLASH... firing an FN MAG at night in almost total darkness produces almost zero flash... a couple of barely discernable sparks, maybe, but nothing more...

and @the pic: :D :D :D
that cracked me the fork up! :D

I nominate that "picture of teh year"
i second the nomination... now let the voting begin... :D

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
What is even more 'funny' is the way your character shoots at the floor if he's doing the 'do nothing'-animation while you fire ...
You can see this on the firingrange in front of one of the mirrors.

Maybe those 'do nothing'-animations should be removed and used as 'taunt'-animation(s) instead ?