Entrapment waiting to happen...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Let me ask, when slavery was legal in the US, was it right?

This is a horrible, irrelevant, Godwin-like analogy and you are one of the dumbest people I have ever met on the wide open internets. I will explain this briefly and move on, ignoring any replies.

I would never smoke marijuana myself but I'd be glad to fight to the death for Jacks right to enjoy it. Note that I mentioned law nowhere in the previous sentence. I simply do not care if someone of below-average intelligence with no understanding of the subject matter was paid to say it is illegal. I am not impressed at all.

Jacks was concerned that a person could take his money on promise of goods and not deliver. He did not say he worried that their actions might contradict some pompous declaration.

To address your ridiculous analogy for a moment: No, slavery was never a good idea, even when it was legal. What a lovely illustration of the fact that legality does not imply a person should or should not do anything.

It makes me sad that you are alive.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Legal is not the same as right. That's a classic argument fallacy (not even including the straw man component). Google "postmodern ethics".

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
This is a horrible, irrelevant, Godwin-like analogy and you are one of the dumbest people I have ever met on the wide open internets. I will explain this briefly and move on, ignoring any replies.

I would never smoke marijuana myself but I'd be glad to fight to the death for Jacks right to enjoy it. Note that I mentioned law nowhere in the previous sentence. I simply do not care if someone of below-average intelligence with no understanding of the subject matter was paid to say it is illegal. I am not impressed at all.

Jacks was concerned that a person could take his money on promise of goods and not deliver. He did not say he worried that their actions might contradict some pompous declaration.

To address your ridiculous analogy for a moment: No, slavery was never a good idea, even when it was legal. What a lovely illustration of the fact that legality does not imply a person should or should not do anything.

It makes me sad that you are alive.

You sir, are out of order.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I never said slavery was right or wrong, merely noting that it was legal at one point in the US and asked if that status made it automatically "right" in that regard.

Don't mind him, he's just sad that slavery ended.