1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

E3 '06 MEGA-THREAD OF DOOM!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cracwhore, May 9, 2006.

1. tomcat ha

tomcat ha Well-Known Member

You cant say something when you just look at a trailer. There was no gameplay in the trailer. It doesnt look very good because it is the updated ofp engine. However it will still kick ass.

2. Profe

Profe Posts: 918,731

im pretty sure it's gonna rock.

3. TheShiningWizard

TheShiningWizard Because it's more fantastical.

That trailer is terrible.

4. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Finally, the voice of reason.

5. DEFkon

DEFkon Shhh

Looks like an add on for OFP rather than a new game altogether. That being said OFP was one of my favorite SP military shooters. I haven't read anything about this particular title, but i could live with a partially updated graphic engeine if the stuff under the hood had been suped up.. OFP with a dynamic campaign for example would get my heart racing. The only thing that has me worried is the urban fighting.. that was always my biggest problem with OFP.. hopefully they'll sorta that out.

6. Profe

Profe Posts: 918,731

Armed assault is mostly an upgrade of the engine, they've called it a kindo ofp 1.5. There's another project called Game 2 which was the real operation flashpoint 2, till the whole mess with codemasters. AFAIK the collision for closed enviroments is one of the upgrades as well as multiple gunners on vehicles and other stuff, though now I'm not sure if those will be in game 2 or armed assault.

7. Prowler

Prowler "Building Better Worlds"

I for one am actually looking forward to Armed Assault. Have been following it since ofp2 was announced. I don't expect Armed Assault to be out for quite some time..

And yes I agree the trailer is terrible. I'm really concerned for how the AI react to combat in this new game aswell as the vehicle controls. I want to see more video..

My hopes are high, thats all I can say. I really enjoy making missions with OFP.

Anyone else slightly interested in Microsofts Flight Sim X?

8. tomcat ha

tomcat ha Well-Known Member

Armed Assault is said to be finished in about 3 months

9. MP_Lord_Kee

MP_Lord_Kee New Member

Me too. I'm looking forward to Armed Assault. And, I'm very much interested in seeing how MS Flight Sim X turns out to be. I loved FS9 but I just got way over my heads with all the tousands add-ons. That sim frankly has way too many add-ons....took hours to just skim through what was new so I never really got time to play the game. Flew around the world once though which I though was pretty awesome :) No crashes either :)

//K

10. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

So why not just wait for OFP 2? Is it in development limbo for an undisclosed amount of time, due to legal issues?