Duke Nukem Forever Morsels

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kalibrate

May 27, 2005
Somebody must have come up with those questions. If it is someone not in 3D Realms it can be considered an interview (and a pretty piss-poor one at that). If it's from someone within 3D Realms that came up with those questions then it was done to say nothing at all as it offers no real information. Great for PR, useless for anything else.

If as he says all the weapons have been done and are usable complete with sounds and animations, why have there been zero screenshots?

If it's ever released they should change the DNF from "Duke Nukem Forever" to "Duke Nukem Finaly"

N@Sc

Aneurysm
May 23, 2004
[IMD1]KillRoy said:
If the game is released, everyone will think it's an ubergame because of the waiting..

evryone will be dissapointed when it is released..
happens more and more these days, people are spoiled :I

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Kalibrate said:
Somebody must have come up with those questions. If it is someone not in 3D Realms it can be considered an interview (and a pretty piss-poor one at that). If it's from someone within 3D Realms that came up with those questions then it was done to say nothing at all as it offers no real information. Great for PR, useless for anything else.

Well, I can see you didn't follow the link to the forum thread. Those were questions from the 3D Realms forum users. George dropped by and answered them. That's all.

Kalibrate

May 27, 2005
hal said:
Well, I can see you didn't follow the link to the forum thread. Those were questions from the 3D Realms forum users. George dropped by and answered them. That's all.

I clicked the link but couldn't find that particular post. Although i hadn't been there before, i was impressed by the fake-box-art.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
[IMD1]KillRoy said:
If the game is released, everyone will think it's an ubergame because of the waiting..

evryone will be dissapointed when it is released..

my only dissapointment would be if the game was too short (e.g. being able to finish the game within a few days the first time I play it).

or, it must be a completely terrible game all over, but I seriously doubt that.

mackey

Cometh the apocalypse.
Aug 27, 2004
England
www.fpscentral.com
The thing is, if this game is released the hype will be unbelievable. So many years in development, every website from here to god knows where will be posting news on it. Everyone will talk about it. Just like when HL2 was delayed for soo long, when it finally got here it sold shed loads.

But anyway, it's better to forget about it, if it happenes great, if not, I don't care either.

[SHADOW|force]

in UT2k4: 'hunting.SHADOW'
May 24, 2005
Berlin (Germany)
When my friend thinks something will never happen, he always sais it will happen 1 day after releasing DNF...
besides apostle11: there are games which were unexpected surprises and which also became very famous and well-known...FarCry for expample

Alex_KF

May 30, 2005
Dundee, Scotland
Uh huh.

TossMonkey said:
We'll probably add a couple more as we go, and there are some whacky ideas we want to explore, but all the base guns are in and we could ship with what we have.

Oh , but you wont ....

This game stunned me with some live video footage back when i was practically still in ****ing diapers.

Im not expecting much from these guys, really..... They make the whole Gabe Newell HL2 release date scandal look like nothing at all.

bid

Sep 27, 2004
start all over again

Wookiee said:
So are they using Unreal Engine 3?

I hear they are going to change engines and start all over again.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
If they are really that far in developement, they should release some screenshots and/or other media to proove it and keep up the faith of the fans

mackey

Cometh the apocalypse.
Aug 27, 2004
England
www.fpscentral.com
What I don't understand, if this is all a big joke, what's the point? To keep 3DRealms' name in the news or what?

Like you said 8-4-7-2, just one or two screenshots would keep all the fans happy and stop us taking the piss out of this games non-release.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Some information is better than no information IMO. Im in no way hyped up for this game and really havent been hyped up since it was announced, what 7 years ago :lol: Although i do know why they arent done with the game yet. I took a gander at the 3dr forums and noticed good ole georgy and moderator joe logged in :mad: They spend there time browsing the forums and not working on the game!!!