Does anyone care about Nali City anymore?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Diehard

I'm still a bit angry about Nalicity because they abandoned Unreal 1. Why why did they forget about their roots and even the origin of the Nali itself...

I remember downloading Illhavan Saga from here. But I guess I'm getting too old. Well, fortunatly OldUnreal.com is still here.

I wanted to give a response long time ago, but lack of time prevented me. But i fully agree here with Hyper. And maybe there was a good reason backthan to remove all Unreal content, after all webspace backthan was alot more expensive than its now. But still, i have been angry myself as well for all those years pretty much up till now.........

But enough of that, and i am willing to look forward instead of backwards.

I think that Unreal should be hosted here again on Beyond Unreal, either with (which would be cool also !!) or without reviews. But at least offer all the maps, mods, etc that has been made for Unreal over the years. Because its actually ridiculous that the game that started all this cannot be found on a site like Beyond Unreal, its not just ridiculous its shamefull that a site completelly ignores its roots.

And to make that possible, i hereby offer all files from www.CelticWarriors.net and www.UnrealTexture.com

Not just that, if given FTP and a location where to put all the files, i am 10000% willing to upload all the files myself.

File info:
9,121 files (aprox 26 gigabyte)

Obviously all files are sorted out and put in the appropriate folders like mods, maps etc. The files will also include the S3TC textures for Unreal, and if you guys want, i am also willing to upload the similar S3TC files for UT.

The reviews is a secondary question, but i think that BU at least should take the offer and have me upload all content again to the BU servers...........

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
We are planning to bring back Unreal support. Only thing is that we are concerned about file space. We're looking into ways to alleviate that.

Diehard

Only thing is that we are concerned about file space. We're looking into ways to alleviate that.

I wouldnt be too worried about that, the 26 gigabyte i mentioned is pretty much all files that excist for Unreal (with a more excact recount i came to less than 22 Gigabyte), for failsafe count 30 gigabyte and it wont ever go cause a problem. And i could almost guerantuee it will never pass the 30 Gigabyte..... And if needed leave the S3TC textures behind, that will save another 5 gigabyte in space, making the failsafe count 25 gigabyte.

Dont forget that an averidge map for unreal is only 512 kb to 1024 kb big, than theres a fair amount of maps that are 2 Mb-4Mb, but hardly ever bigger than that. But BU also hosts UT3 maps, and those files are 20-40 Mb on averidge. Which means if you add 800 UT3 maps than you already pass the total amount for all files for Unreal. And than i dont take in account that theres mods for UT3 that are several hundreds of megabyte big, not to mention the patches 300-1700 Mb.

No, i doubt it will ever pass the 30 Gig, and as said, if you guys need the files, sorted out and all, my offer remains.

Last edited: