DM-Murkwood released :)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
One trap doesn't seem to work.
In both versions!
In the INF version, go from one player start 0 south, there should be a dart trap but it doesn't work.
The other dart traps are working very well.

Loosecontroll

Mountain Freestyler!
Amazing map as usual Angelheart, and v.glad u are including both standard UT Dm level and inf in same package, hope u do this with all future maps.........I love the butterflies, cabin, tent, sounds, waterfalls (the lot basically)... Dude, u have soooome talent.

any ideas on nect map yet. (i still reckon you should finish dm-2019 or do that chinese thing u always said u were gonna do...that would kick ass, and u could do so many cool things with a chinese theme).....

once again cheers for the excellent map.

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
I must say this is the funniest map yet from you AH! I mean if looking at gaming values as tension, game flow and so on. For me it's MUCH better than RealAssault which many seems to think it "games" well. I love the danger feeling in this map.
The only issues are it's a bit too bright and then I have some thoughts about the outer limits of the map; I mean these "images" of a real forest... Hmm... That's not so convincing as the rest of the map, but it doesn't affect the gameflow!

Waxx

Ultralight pilot
Oct 2, 1999
Ohio, USA
Visit site
I found two HUGE bugs. 1: I can walk up one of the ropes on the tent. Normally, this wouldn't be considered a bug, but I can jump from the tent onto one of the big things and see almost across the map from it. 2: When I climb the ladder onto the roof of the house, I can plainly see the bots yet none of them shoot me. Also, none of my rounds EVER hit the bots even though my sights are directly on them.

Originally posted by Waxx
I found two HUGE bugs. 1: I can walk up one of the ropes on the tent. Normally, this wouldn't be considered a bug, but I can jump from the tent onto one of the big things and see almost across the map from it. 2: When I climb the ladder onto the roof of the house, I can plainly see the bots yet none of them shoot me. Also, none of my rounds EVER hit the bots even though my sights are directly on them.

Well i have found the rope bug, but i have never had the problem where i cant hit bots. That may be on your end. Unless many other people have had the same problem but never reported it.

TitanBlue

KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
Is there a way to see these evil traps before you get spiked?

BTW a really great realization of a forest in INF/UT! I hope there will come more like this.

I second Freons opinion that the map is a little bit too bright, what about DM-MurkwoodNight? OMG my nose is already bleeding :D

TitanBlue :con:

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
There is a way --> there is a rope on the ground, if you pass it you will be spiked or darts are flying on you
Or the ground texture is a bit different (hard to see if you are rushing ;) ).

Nny the devourer

MG Whore
Feb 21, 2002
Hell
Visit site
you never rush? you mean you never hurry?
slow and steady wins the day sorta guy?

but if you walk everywhere how come you didnt notice the triplines or texture changes?

---oh also boys and girls for those of you that havent found out yet speed also helps on some of the traps as they will miss you even when tripped. ONe of the most ammusing of which being the net trap that can launch you up in the air------wooohooo free jump boots...errr wait wrong game.

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
BIG Problem......

For some reason, Murkwood has been crashing AFA2 multiple times. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated by many people.

Prowler

"Building Better Worlds"
Jul 6, 2000
Canada
Originally posted by Nny the devourer
you never rush? you mean you never hurry?
slow and steady wins the day sorta guy?

but if you walk everywhere how come you didnt notice the triplines or texture changes?

---oh also boys and girls for those of you that havent found out yet speed also helps on some of the traps as they will miss you even when tripped. ONe of the most ammusing of which being the net trap that can launch you up in the air------wooohooo free jump boots...errr wait wrong game.

*Is about to rip Nny the devourer into shreds but doesn't waste energy on stoopid rusher*

jon

Feb 14, 2000
Visit site
Sorry, I have no Idea why it should crash the server. It does not crash my machine. It probaly has something to do with all the bugs that appear to infest it. Anyone having difficulties with the map should delete it straight away, retire to a safe distance, and nuke it from orbit, Its the only way to be shure.

Originally posted by TitanBlue
Is there a way to see these evil traps before you get spiked?

Yes, like said, you can see the rope stechted between the trees, but also besides the pungees being covered with a texture thats a little different, its also set a little lower. The ground where the fall in traps are, area little lower in the ground plus being textured differently.