DM-INF-St-Lo (BETA)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Here's a new map conversion for the remaining Infers :( . St-Lo was originally a TTR map which i never got to play online, but some of you probably know it pretty well already. As usual, please comment and report bugs.

So far the navigation network allows for bots, but i'm wondering about making a dtas only version that would make the teams spawn only in buildings (that would mean no bot support) : what d'you think ?

Beta 3 (edited 16/10/2005)

Attachments

• Resize of Shot0017.jpg
    Resize of Shot0017.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Resize of Shot0024.jpg
    Resize of Shot0024.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Resize of Shot0029.jpg
    Resize of Shot0029.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 79
  • Resize of Shot0031.jpg
    Resize of Shot0031.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Resize of Shot0033.jpg
    Resize of Shot0033.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Because if you knew france a bit, you'd know that many small french towns don't change much over the years. This map could very well be any french village that's been under a bombing in 2005. Also, a lot of current Inf maps are completely inaccurate, whether it'd be architecturally or historically (think stalingrad), and that didn't seem to prevent you from playing so far, so i don't see why you have to bitch about this specific map. Would that make you feel better if i told you that St-Lo still looks like that nowadays ? I can even remove the tanks if that frustrates your imagination.

Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Release two versions Ant! 1 for online use, DTAS for excellence, and another for offline (bot friendly)...
If I only had Wolfe´s M1 Garand... or a way to import those guns from TTR! XD

If u still have some chi to spare on mapping for INF, don´t forget my sugegstion (TO-Verdon, that HUUUGE Dam TO map that looks (sorry for the word-joke) DAMn good!), I know that some TO-team members are still active, working on the UT2K4 version, TO: Crossfire... perhaps that map´s author is reachable to ask permission for that conversion... and some infers would be delightfulled grateful for your efforts, Ant!!! ;-)

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Can you make it EAS? It should work very well for EAS since it already has objectives to secure and spawn areas.

Also, please make more buildings enterable. It would add a lot to the map to add some nice interiors.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I don't think DTAS spawns in buildings only is good. I mean, spawning in the middle of the street adds to the randomness which i like. That way you never know where you're gonna be.

You get the idea ;)

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I tried to connect to the INF Germany server and game crashed, the second time I just couldn't download the map ingame, error or something. Midwinter reported the same prob. Hmm.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I have the same problem now. Was on INF Germany with don and noz, voted for st-lo and it said st-lo beta1 was needed, and that it didnt want to upload anything.
I have beta 1 and 2 btw so it must be something else.

Posted this in DTAS night thread too.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
It seems to be a server problem. I got the error the first time i tried to connect, then i retried and it wouldn't download a different file (not a map file, it was a mutator), and the third time it worked.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Since no bugs have been reported, i'll probably wrap this one up sometime this week, along with facility.