Discuss DA2 Developers Guide HERE!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
The post provides good feedback and good points. Please note the following changes in DA1.1:

• Increased Traced distance for Turret and player Information
  • Medics receive score for healing players
  • Mechanics receive score for building or repairing objects
  • Score award/reduction is now shown on HUD
  • Gametime shows on HUD
  • Numbers have been placed into the GUI choose class/build structure
  • Supported fire HUD indicator (when you are next to sandbags etc you get better accuracy, already happens in beta 1.0)
  • Idle turrets (turrets that do not shoot or found an enemy for sometime) will be
    automatically destroyed after sometime , explosion effects are shown but not real damage is caused.
  • Scoreboard does not show up anymore after you are dead
  • Attackers do spawn much quicker now, defenders even slower but we are balancing this further more

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Awesome! I will update then. Are these already changed or are they in progress?

Also, I am not sure what you mean by this:
  • Supported fire HUD indicator (when you are next to sandbags etc you get better accuracy, already happens in 1.0)
You have better accuracy if you are next to sandbags? Does this work for turrets AND regular weapons?

And does...
  • Score award/reduction is now shown on HUD
...mean we can now see our individual score on the HUD at all times?

Last edited:

Hunz

...aka [A|K]Leviathan, mkay?
Jan 7, 2002
Jail
www.arschkeKse.de.vu
Supported fire is applied when you are standing/crouching behind low obstacles. Its a bit hard to describe how it works exactly, but a recoil-indicator will make this much more transparent to the player.

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Hunz said:
Supported fire is applied when you are standing/crouching behind low obstacles. Its a bit hard to describe how it works exactly, but a recoil-indicator will make this much more transparent to the player.

Transparent or apparent? This indicator is being added in 1.1?

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
Yes I believe he meant apparent, and yes the indicator will be near ur crosshair in 1.1, in fact we think the indicator will not only adjust when you get supported fire but for everything you do (jump, crouch, crouch/walk, walk, run etc)

rich_zap

Jul 18, 2004
Dissapearing into the fog !
Idle turrets (turrets that do not shoot or found an enemy for sometime) will be
automatically destroyed after sometime , explosion effects are shown but not real damage is caused.

Thats a good idea, i have often had to go back and remove turrets as a mechanic on some levels. The only issue with that is that attackers could sit still and not attack and all enemy turrets would explode after a while :eek: .

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
The only issue with that is that attackers could sit still and not attack and all enemy turrets would explode after a while.

And we've thought of that, I forgot to mention, turrets placed by mappers are not affected by this rule and therefore live forever, or until u blow them up ;)

Attackers not attacking is a bad idea as time drops and defenders can get into positions. And now with mines you do not want to give them a lot of time.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
DA|aBsOlUt said:
Yes I believe he meant apparent, and yes the indicator will be near ur crosshair in 1.1, in fact we think the indicator will not only adjust when you get supported fire but for everything you do (jump, crouch, crouch/walk, walk, run etc)

Are you talking about a dynamic crosshair like the one Farcry uses? If so that would be AMAZING!!!

Wow, this update is sounding like an awesome addition to an already AWESOME Mod. I can't wait!

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
DA|aBsOlUt said:
Idle turrets (turrets that do not shoot or found an enemy for sometime) will be
automatically destroyed after sometime, explosion effects are shown but not real damage is caused.

Is it possible to make it that turrets won't be blown up as long as a mechy uses his repair function on it every now and then? I often place turrets in places that act as a last resort protection so they don't see much action until the attackers get REALLY close to the objective. I am normally near them enough though that I could run over and do a "repair" on it to keep it awake/alive even though it is not damaged.

Also putting a timer over them to let you know how long you have before it goes boom would be helpful. Or a blinking icon could show up indicating its gonna blow in 10 seconds if a friendly mechy doesn't intervene.

Hunz

...aka [A|K]Leviathan, mkay?
Jan 7, 2002
Jail
www.arschkeKse.de.vu
A turret is considered idling if it doesnt do anything and if nothing happens to it. So repairing would reset the counter. A idle-warning alarm can be implemented.

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
So a question for the DA-team. Does the guide I created in the other thread help at all? I just want to know if I should keep updating it, adding things, fixing things, etc. I haven't received a whole lot of feedback as to its usefulness or anything.

Also anyone have a response to post #10 up there? That question has me greatly intrigued!

(on I side note I just noticed Hunz = Leviathan....wow! ...took me long enough, lol)

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Dest said:
And what you mean with dynamic crosshairs?

They were saying that the crooshair would let you know how much recoil you're weapon would have depending on certain circumstances such as whether you are crouching or not etc. In farcry the crosshair was a dot with a circle around it. The circle increased in size (effectively moving away from the center dot) to indicate less accuracy/recoil when you were running, standing, things like that. If you lay prone though the circle would get REALLY small (or closer to the dot, however you want to see it) indicating your accuracy/recoil was low.

My question, is that the kind of indicator aBs was talking about?

DA|aBsOlUt said:

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Dest said:
There are some good points, we haven't added/changed in da1.1, but there also points we are aware off or are already in da1.1.
Which one's are already in DA2 1.1 that I have listed? I will update the page to reflect them as completed.

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
EDIT: This is not a bug.....I'm just a noobtard.

Found a new bug that you may find interesting.....

B.W.5. [7] (Incomplete) - Machine Gunner's machine gun - Reload animation only shows reload of clip/box when you use the reload button. However, if you run out of ammo and it automatically reloads the machine gun shows the reload of the clip/box AND it shows you cock the weapon.
In other words the reload animation and reload time is not consistent (It is shorter for the manul reload) between automatically reloading after emptying the machine gun and manually reloading at any other time.

Last edited: