Did I miss the going away party?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Thanks for the update, Bangout! I'd been hoping for a long time you would drop by and let everyone know what you've been up to.

Each one of those lines begets backstory, and since you didn't provide any, I won't ask.

Wheret, at this point, does your "real potential" lie? Are you talking in terms of tech stuff, creativity, teaching ... what?

I'm almost done with my first year of grad school. It's been quite the trip, man.

I started playing WoW.

I left my teaching job.

I went to grad school.

I moved in with my woman.

I got a job at a nearby school not teaching or coaching, just doing mindless tech stuff.

I'm still running.

I married my woman.

Child #1 due June 3.

Every day I spend here at this boring job is another day where I have wasted my real potential while picking up a tiny paycheck.

When I was young, I expected to be somebody. I blame video games. I enjoy them too much and they make me not enjoy everything else I do.

For that, Unreal Tournament, I thank you and loathe you.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
I started playing WoW.

I left my teaching job.

I went to grad school.

I moved in with my woman.

I got a job at a nearby school not teaching or coaching, just doing mindless tech stuff.

I'm still running.

I married my woman.

Child #1 due June 3.

Every day I spend here at this boring job is another day where I have wasted my real potential while picking up a tiny paycheck.

When I was young, I expected to be somebody. I blame video games. I enjoy them too much and they make me not enjoy everything else I do.

For that, Unreal Tournament, I thank you and loathe you.

I was arrested for gastro fluctuation at an outdoor bus stop and spent 10 days in jail with a fellow named Edward who wants to marry me now because I don’t have any hair on my butt. Then, some really weird stuff started happening with me and those tiny people; munchkins I think they’re called.

So it sounds like we’re pretty much up to the same thing.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
I was arrested for gastro fluctuation at an outdoor bus stop and spent 10 days in jail with a fellow named Edward who wants to marry me now because I don’t have any hair on my butt. Then, some really weird stuff started happening with me and those tiny people; munchkins I think they’re called.

... but are you pretty much up to the same thing ... while FSL?

MONKEY BOY

Don't make me get out of this chair
Oct 28, 2009
Arizona
www.maybusher.com

What's a MONKEY like me doing in a place like this?

Reactions: oosyxxx

hackr86

Nali City Administrator
Dec 21, 2000
Canada
www.djmallon.com
I stopped fiddling around with NC after starting university in 03 I think. Did that a bit while pursuing my real passion of radio. currently working as a commercial and imaging producer at a top40 toronto radio station. had my own mix show for two years until a couple months ago when the time slot was bought out.

overall happy! still wish I learned how to map in UnrealEd.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Nice to see you Hackr86!

As far as learning UnrealEd... you didn't miss anything. I learned it, had fun, but got too obsessed with mapping and then finally realized a few things.
1. I over complicated everything.
2. My maps were mostly eye candy and did not contain any fun.
3. I had no chance of making money off of mapping.
4. Hourences was the shit

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
hackr86, been a long time! So long I gotta use some exclamation marks!

Mike, you could've just created a fantasy map based on what Dambino's might have looked like were it not for the fact that the Jews control the pizza industry.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
I got my own place

I started playing WoW

I realised that was my life

I realised that was bad

I stopped playing WoW

I dated some neurotic girls

I met the most amazing girl

We bought a house

We starting LIVING IN SIN

I got ill for like a year

I got better

We're getting married next year <3

I got promoted

I started running again

We're going to travel the world and buy a house with a turret

Plans not advanced further at this time

STOP

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
I'm glad things are working out for you.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Where to start?
What started as a hobby playing around in UnrealEd turned into a new career for me.
Currently work for Sony, Studio Liverpool as a Senior Level Designer & Environment Artist, working on Wipeout 2048 for the soon to be released Playstation Vita.
Prior to that, I did level design for Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Motorstorm Apocolypse for Evolution Studios.
Left my civil service job of 15 years to pursue my new career and I've never looked back.
It was my son Luke ( who was aged 11 at the time - now 24) who got me into Unreal Ed - he'd finished Unreal and was looking around the Unreal Directory and opened up UnrealEd - he asked me what it was and I told him I didn't have a clue, so we sat down and had a look around, he lost interest after a couple of days and I just got curious I guess - the rest is history.
At the time I joined Nali City, it was Hackr86 who was running the site back then - for me the height of it's popularity and I stuck with it for quite a few years - posted a lot of my old maps on here.
DavidM was in his prime and Hourences was also just starting out on his journey as a level designer - Bot40 and Ulukai were big names back then as well - Nice to see you guys are still around.
So sad to see it as it is today but times move on I guess.

Reactions: oosyxxx

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Where to start?
What started as a hobby playing around in UnrealEd turned into a new career for me.
Currently work for Sony, Studio Liverpool as a Senior Level Designer & Environment Artist, working on Wipeout 2048 for the soon to be released Playstation Vita.
Prior to that, I did level design for Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Motorstorm Apocolypse for Evolution Studios.
Left my civil service job of 15 years to pursue my new career and I've never looked back.
It was my son Luke ( who was aged 11 at the time - now 24) who got me into Unreal Ed - he'd finished Unreal and was looking around the Unreal Directory and opened up UnrealEd - he asked me what it was and I told him I didn't have a clue, so we sat down and had a look around, he lost interest after a couple of days and I just got curious I guess - the rest is history.
At the time I joined Nali City, it was Hackr86 who was running the site back then - for me the height of it's popularity and I stuck with it for quite a few years - posted a lot of my old maps on here.
DavidM was in his prime and Hourences was also just starting out on his journey as a level designer - Bot40 and Ulukai were big names back then as well - Nice to see you guys are still around.
So sad to see it as it is today but times move on I guess.

Awesome, glad to hear it all worked out :)

Must admit, the stuff I did with UnrealEd did land me some opportunities too, but in the end I decided I liked programming more and so went in that direction. I always spend ages on user interfaces...

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Great to hear from you Ulukai. I like your story format :)

Here is a little update of my own:

I got married early last month.

We now have a baby on the way!

Photography is really shifting into the next gear and I'm loving it.

I will likely be teaching a two photography classes next year.

I love photography but I don't make enough in the off wedding season to afford house payments so I may have to take on a part time/ full time job with full benefits in order to secure a better financial situation. Its a great idea but with companies being the way they are right now, it may not be possible, or it may take more time to accomplish than I have. In the mean time, I love what I do and that is key!

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Congratzi 007Mike on the bun in the oven!

After all these years my career is about the same, manufacturing engineer. Yea, I design and machine stuff like bombs and $h1t.
Still ride a motorcycle whenever I can, and just past my 26th wedding anniversary. A year ago, made a website for my wife about our dogs (with regular updates): http://www.westcourtcavaliers.com