Dextromethorphan

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LedZep

k last title kinda gay :p
Overdozing on anything is baaaaaaaaaaaad.

Water is such a natural and important substance for all life on earth, but even too much of water can be fatal.

Anyway, I'm freaken surprised that 40mg of DXM got this guy high, is it because of the exercise, or maybe he has an enzyme deficiency?

Hell, I've taken more than 40mg when I had a horrible cough, and I didn't feel a thing (although it did stop the cough pretty damn fast and got my throat to feel as though I wasn't sick at all)

Last edited:

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Oh sure, Ive, uhm, accidentally done that a few times. It's my favorite reason to get the flu. Only problem is it amps your body up so much that you can pretty much forget about resting and healing. I ended up jogging up the mountainside steps at my college. Probably made my flu last another month. Also couldn't pass Calculus 3 that semester, had to take it again. You try solving differential equations while fighting off brain-fever and psychotropic hallucination.

LedZep

Well, you shouldn't accidentally take it when you have tests and such... As for the body amping, I have one word for you: Paracetamol. Although personally I had never experienced body amping from this, for some reason I was born with a really strong tolerance for almost everything (which is btw not good :()

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
many drugs react differently with different people

usally weight is the most common factor
cause the more you weigh the more blood you have, and the more blood you have the more the drug delutes , kinda like the blood alchohal thing

but 100 milligrams shouldnt hurt you at all
my grandma takes 1000 mg of some drug and shes just fine

i take about 500mg of anti histimines and that barely does anything

LedZep

I wrote 100mg so I won't sound crazy to the uninformed people, but it really is completley nothing for me (although for some people it can be too much)

anyway, what are anti histimines? I remember reading about them a few times during my reaserch, but I can't quite remember what they are.

Last edited:

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
spelling error on my part: antihistamines

they keep you from sneezing and stuff from allergies

edit: and turns out dxm is in nyquil

and ive drank a good half bottle of that once

i was completely **** faced:D

Last edited:

BobCobb

Society is a leech on me!
Sep 20, 2002
The Compound
Visit site
I have taken 900mg of DXM. DXM can be used as a recreational drug by people like myself. It induces hallucinations and a drunken feeling. Except not a drunken stupor, you are still pretty intelligent. Get a bottle of Robotussin Maximum Cough. It is all DXM. Drink the whole thing (slowly) and it will be mind opening. But you hafta be cautious. DXM isn't harmless like weed. Doing it every day is NOT reccomended. If anything wait a week if not more. If you don't your brain may from lesions, along with other problems. Also, start with lower doses. Some people have no tolerance and a couple hundred mg will start messing them up BAD. So know your body, know your mind. And have fun.

LedZep

Yeah dude I know all that, I was just using subtle language as to not scare the uninformed people around here. :)

I know people that took 1800mg... :p

btw you forgot one part: "Know your body, know your mind, know your drug" ;)

Last edited:

BobCobb

Sep 20, 2002
The Compound
Visit site
Jesus Mother of God just crapped a koala!

1800 mg is so much. Were they on another realm of being by then. Musta been complete mind-body disasociation.

BobCobb

Sep 20, 2002
The Compound
Visit site
Jesus Mother of God just crapped a koala!

1800 mg is so much. Were they on another realm of being by then? Must of been complete mind-body disasociation. Wow. :)

EXE-973

Aug 25, 2003
Visit site
LedZep said:
I wrote 100mg so I won't sound crazy to the uninformed people, but it really is completley nothing for me (although for some people it can be too much)

anyway, what are anti histimines? I remember reading about them a few times during my reaserch, but I can't quite remember what they are.
Was a Corpsman (Medic) in the navy.

Antihistamine - Drugs which block the action of histamine , thus preventing or alleviating the major symptoms of an allergic response .

Antihistamines are typically combined with a decongestant to help relieve nasal congestion.

Dextromethorphan overdose has been known to relax the diaphram in people. For the laymen, they stop breathing. It also increases your chance of heat stroke

LedZep

1800mg = forth plateau and beyond (depends on person). one guy flew into outer space, where he was greeted by some sort of an entity that showed him a big planet that he could carve and meld into anything he wanted. Another one met god, etc...

[edit]
I just figured out AI that you didn't take antihistamines recreationally. Your grandma can do 2grams of a "drug" if she wants, it makes such a huge difference which one, drugs aren't even nearly similar to eachother, and if DXM is present in nyquil, it doesn't mean you get 100mg of it per ounce. (and PLEASE, check for active ingredients before you drink a half of bottle of anything, if it has anything other than DXM, avoid it like poison!)

Last edited:

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Yeah, in hindsight, I shoudn't have taken the Theraflu and the Generic Tussin together. Theraflu is pretty heavy DXM. On the other hand, I was so sick, I could barely move without it. Obviously, a drug that makes a sick man run up steep flights of stairs probably aint that great for you. Incidentally, the effect of dextromophorthan is nearly identical to that of PCP (er, a friend told me so), in case anyone wants to know what possibly the most powerful of all hallucinogens is like without doing something illegal.

Unfortunately, you have to drink disgusting cough syrup. There's very little danger of addiction. I've met a few Nyquil heads in my lifetime, but they were hooked on the alcahol in Nyquil.