demorec error UE2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gjq

Jun 15, 2017
Hi,

I recently added demorec in my UE2 classes to automatically start recording gameplay. I can play the game through for an hour, but since I've added demorec, the game throws an error consistently after about half an hour with the following error:
-------------- UE2 game error ----------------
Assertion failed: Channel [File:.\UnLevTic.cpp] [Line: 1101]

History: ULevel::TickDemoRecord <- UpdatePostDemoRec <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop
------------------------------------------------------

I'm not even sure what this is. I don't have a file called UnLevTic.cpp
Is it because demorec is running too long?

Thanks in advance for any help

gjq

Jun 15, 2017
I would like to add to this -- it's not because demorec is running too long, but that when demorec is running in conjunction with a function we have that starts the game after a pause if a certain number of a given keyboard press is detected. This function calls AllActors(), and the game seems to crash when demorec is running AND the function is called 985 - 989 times (tried it a handful of times).
It seems like an interaction between demorec and AllActors() -- maybe some (settable??) memory limitation??

Any ideas?