1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE2 - UT2kX Decent program that can export 3D models in .ase format?

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by MeanyMortal, May 6, 2020.

1. MeanyMortal

MeanyMortal They call me Berjj

Looking to get back into level design for Ut2004, but it seems it only accepts imported meshes in .ase format. I've looked around and can't find any program with support for it (Apart from Maya, and I can't afford a license for it). I tried Blender, but couldn't get the .ase export plugin to work. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

2. meowcat

meowcat take a chance

If you can still download a copy of Milkshape3D (it was a pretty cheap license 18+ years ago) I wrote a .ase exporter for it that I use regularly for staticmesh work in UT2k4.

3. MeanyMortal

MeanyMortal They call me Berjj

It worked! Thanks a lot! :)

4. meowcat

meowcat take a chance

I'm glad that helped! Make sure to post links to your finished work!

5. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Thanks for the link.