CTF4 for UT2004!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Well, currently Uncompressed it's looking to be about 250 MB or so. Compressed it's over 100.

The main space eaters are the skins, followed by the maps.

Coincidentally, Spoondog is one of our mappers, and he's made a brand-spankin' new map for us, CTF4-Clash. It's pretty nifty, I think you'll all like it.

He's also said he might do a four-team version of TechDream. Hmm...

Nov 8, 2004
Hamilton, New Zealand
Well. Wouldn't it have been loverly if the game came with 4 teams as UT99 did....

Make sure you get a good host that alows resumeable downloads :D My 56k modem will cry otherwise... .. ..

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
meeekael said:
Make sure you get a good host that alows resumeable downloads :D My 56k modem will cry otherwise... .. ..
Welcome to BuF! :wavey:

Btw, never a better time to join than now, because we have Adopt-a-BuF™! If you ever have problems downloading large files, generally there will be someone from your region who will be willing to mail you the files on a CD or DVD at little or no cost to you. :)

So when CTF4 comes out, and you have problems getting it, just make an Adopt-a-BuF™ request! The thread for that is listed at the top of this forum.

Have fun and enjoy your stay :cheers:

Nov 8, 2004
Hamilton, New Zealand
Kewl. Sound great. Thanks for the welcome :D

Oh the hours I spent on sledgehammer.....

Awesome, looks like I wasn't the only one who found this map awesome. Its anonymous convert this map!!!!! It wont be too hard, might even do it myself if no one else will....

Pwease :) Really looking forward to this.

Dark Pulse

Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
Well, It's a bit too late to get them included with the initial release (All maps for that are due today... and I still have one or two to finish, heh) But I'm sure the public will make some awesome, original CTF4 Maps once the mod is out. :)

Old Gil

°J2°'s resident lagger
Jun 20, 2004
meeekael - w00t long live the 56k UT2k4 players!!! and btw you should really take advantage of the adopt-a-BUF if you plan to play at FragBU (FragBU: a gathering of BUFers every friday/saturday look for the fragbu announcement that usually appears on thursday all of the maps and such that we play lie within :-D)

Old Gil

°J2°'s resident lagger
Jun 20, 2004
thats lookin pretty sweet DP i personally CANNOT WAIT for this mod... hopefully ill have the internet on my laptop up by then so i can leave the D/L on all night :-D

Dark Pulse

Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
Well, it is news for those who don't visit INA's forums regularly, especially since the INA thread is now over 20 pages long. ;p

There will be some new shots of maps very soon: Geothermal, Skyline, Clash, possibly FaceClassic and one more map we're deciding the name of.

Work on the mod (in terms of actually implementing stuff) will cease Sunday, will be tested for the next few, and, pending no showstopper bugs show up, released exactly one week from today.

Start that countdown clock. It's coming... are you up to the challenge?

Last edited:

Old Gil

°J2°'s resident lagger
Jun 20, 2004
*pats 56k as long as my lil friend here is, i am*

*aims gun at 56k* DONT RUIN THIS FOR ME!!!

Dark Pulse

Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
It was 70 MB in a 7zip. More commonplace methods like RAR did 90 MB, Standard Zip was about 100.

The Raw UMOD is 225 MB.

And that was just as of our last beta. (0.9.0.7, 10/25/04) It's much bigger now, namely due to new maps, textures, CBP2 Model support...

Nov 8, 2004
Hamilton, New Zealand
Hmmm, would it be possible to offer 2 version, a large and a small. One with say, just the bare essential, like 1-2 maps, just the basics really to make it function. It would make the mod be avaliable on a far larger scale.... And where are you looking for to host the maps? Please don't use fileplanet :] Heh. Im so demanding about this :)

I have so much expectation....lol.

Dark Pulse

Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
meeekael said:
Hmmm, would it be possible to offer 2 version, a large and a small. One with say, just the bare essential, like 1-2 maps, just the basics really to make it function. It would make the mod be avaliable on a far larger scale.... And where are you looking for to host the maps? Please don't use fileplanet :] Heh. Im so demanding about this :)

I have so much expectation....lol.
Well, the problem with a "trimmed" version is that then you run into compatibility and upkeep problems. The main space killer here is the skins - Two skins, Green and Gold, for each normal, ECE, and CBP2 skin. It adds up. The Player skins are 87 MB, the CBP2, another 30, and the other two major texture files (Misc. Textures and Map textures, respectively) are 16 and 9 MB. That's over half the mod right there.

Believe me, we're gonna compress it the best we can.

As for mirrors: We haven't decided yet. Probably most of the major ones, including BU, and from there it'll spread to the smaller necks of the woods, no doubt.

It'll probably be uploaded a few days early to ensure we can post multiple mirrors to meet demand (and no, don't beg them for it - they won't release them early. They'd BETTER not, anyway. ;))

Last edited:

Old Gil

°J2°'s resident lagger
Jun 20, 2004
if you have a download manager, leave it on all night, then pause it, then just leave it on all night the next night *did that for 2 weeks to get red orchestra*