1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crosshairs

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by TWD, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

2. dizzm

dizzm New Member

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  3. Kyllian

4. dizzm

dizzm New Member

The one's you posted for use with 2k3 are missing, perhaps you can update or clarify?

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=349026

Links in your sig and in posts on those forums are dead/outdated. Trying to help people find xhairs a little easier by a nicely organized list in a post rather than bumping into a sig. ;)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  5. Kyllian

Downloads tab, I haven't updated the infopage

As for the UT2003 pack, long gone, I don't even have an old version anymore

6. dizzm

dizzm New Member

I see. :\

Well I've been using the ownz dot for 2k3 but it has issues with showing some colors, like Cyan (R=0,G=255,G=255) depending on which ownz dot I pick. The one bordered dot which does support cyan (#2) doesn't have thick enough black outline to make it easier to distinguish like the custom ones I use in 2k4 do, such as the mCrs 01 dot from the mCrosshairs pack. Is it possible to convert the 2k4 texture for 2k3 somehow so I can make the bordered dot I want? Or some other way you know of?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  7. Kyllian

Textures, probably
    Code, I really doubt it. It's been at least 6 years since I even bothered with those 2k3 xhairs so I don't remember jack

8. dizzm

dizzm New Member

I've made cross-hairs for 2k4 before and it didn't involve coding, just naming and creating packages, and copy pasting lines from a good tutorial over at angel mappers page. A little pain in the ass since I didn't know what I was doing, but not that difficult. I imagine making one for 2k3 can't be much, if any different.

9. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

10. dizzm

dizzm New Member

Ah yes, the black outline is slightly better on your lg2 than the ownz. However, I'd like it in cyan or teal rather than green and it's not working. even other colors are borked too, magenta xhair shows up as red and yellow shows up as a lime green. Friends of mine (who still play 2k3) all prefer yellow, magenta or cyan. Cyan is my personal preference because of the high contrast against magenta characters and most any background foliage, etc.

11. Sir_Brizz

I used the bright green because it has a high level of contrast against any other color (except... bright green).

Anyway, to get 2k3 crosshairs working you have to compile the class with references to the textures. I think Kyllian had figured out a way to reference points in a single texture but I never bothered doing that.

12. Kyllian

:p
    I couldn't even tell you anymore. Once custom xhairs were working in 2k4 I pretty much abandoned them in 2k3
    As far as I can remember, you had to directly reference the texture in the User.Ini
    Like I said, it's been a looonnnggg time since I messed with 2k3 xhairs

Ah, found the 2225 changelog(2k3)
    - custom weapon crosshairs: You can specify custom crosshairs and crosshair
    colors for each weapon. To do this, add the following lines to the appropriate
    weapon section in your User.ini file:

CustomCrosshair=7
    CustomCrosshairColor=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=255)
    CustomCrosshairScale=1.0

where CustomCrosshair can have any value between 0 and 13, and the Crosshair color is in 8 bit RGBA format. You can also use your own custom textures (after importing them into a utx) by adding CustomCrosshairTextureName="package.texture" (where package is the name of the UTX package, and texture is the name of the texture in the package.

Digging around old threads it would seem you had to do similar in 2k4 until the 3204 patch fixed it

13. dizzm

dizzm New Member

So basically I have to create my own custom textures to get the color I want? ;\

14. Kyllian

Tooling around after converting it to 2k4, looks like it
    Being able to adjust the RGB is dependant on how much of red, green or blue is already present. 255/255/255 = white, 0/0/0 = black
    Unfortunately since the green is in there, the RGB is essentially 255/510/255 so it's unlikely that any amount of tweaking will get the cyan you want

This is why I built mine in black/white so it'd be easier to tweak colors ingame

Opted to retool Brizz's texture into a white version so you'll have to put it into your package and go from there(RGB 0/255/255)
    Also included is a cyan version

It's in a zip because the forum doesn't recognize .TGA files

Attached Files:

15. dizzm

dizzm New Member

Thanks Brizz for the best type of dot imo (in 2k3 atleast) and thanks Kyllian for providing the new tga's and explaining why the colors don't work properly in ut2k3 custom crosshairs.

Added them in his texture package, and did a readme.

Alt dl link:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20115281/UT2003+BrizzHairs+2011.zip

All hail UT2003. o/

Attached Files:

16. Sir_Brizz

Cool. Thanks for keeping the name :)