Creationist vs Evolutionist

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
I don't think anyone here disagrees. The only problem is how you've chosen to present yourself:

I don't think you believe anything in this quote. It's a kind of reflexive religion-talk. In any case, this and the previous quote illustrate The Two Crotales. One wields pseudoscience as a weapon, the other believes religion is just a means to personal fulfillment. One pits religion against science, the other laments any comparison.

If you think religion is just a comforting bedtime story, you shouldn't present it like a superior variety of science. You shouldn't pretend that it can answer questions about the natural world. When you do that, you upset anyone who knows the first thing about science. You are, in effect, shrugging your shoulders at the foundation of all knowledge.

You're doing exactly what Fud was doing, cherry picking comments and information. I have maintained that science and religion can co-exist without affecting each other directly. Not my fault you cannot or choose to not comprehend the words.

Protip: Develop your own moral code without any institution's guidance. Live your life by your rules and your own standards.

I don't need a pro-tip from a kid, thanks. I have lived a pretty good life with a professional career and family, with grown children who are turning out pretty solid, all while not forcing any religion upon them or anyone else. Heck, I'm not very religious myself. I do, however, acknowledge and accept that not every person makes the same choices that I do.

incorrect.

we acknowledge your security blanket.
we just don't feel the need to clutch one ourselves.

your feelings of comfort do not make your feelings true.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/humanity-forced-to-put-down-aging-god,35230/

To each their own, or do you not believe in individual choice and freedom?

Oh, and if I am "wrong" for making a choice, then so are billions of others on this planet. How long do you think you'd live if you got up in an extreme Muslim's shit about it like you've treated me? Unlike that person, I acknowledge the differences in our beliefs and opinions and accept them without judgment. Have I put any judgment on anyone in this thread? Have I told you that you are wrong for not believing upon the FSM or that you will burn for an eternity for your lack of belief?