Couple of FragBU things

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
It'll probably be more like 9 or 10 MST for me, but it doesn't have to happen today. I was just quoting the Simpsons. :)

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Did anyone noticed this thread originally was about adding things to FragBU?

...Or do you guys intend to fight it out during FragBU? ;)

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Server-side demos are up and working \o/

I've uploaded a test demo to Stig's server so you guys can make sure it works right and everything. I just ran through it and it was pretty cool being able to fly around and watch powerups respawn while seeing myself do lift jumps :D

I set the mutator to record the server date and map name in the demo's file name. There are more options I can enable, like server time, GameClass (CTF, INV, DM, etc.), and other stuff, but I think just date and map name are sufficient. Let me know if this is a problem.

BTW, the demo's filesize is around 150 kb. However, it was just me running around for a minute without any bots or vehicles or anything. I think once we add several more players and spam, the filesize should increase.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Raffi_B said:
Server-side demos are up and working \o/

I've uploaded a test demo to Stig's server so you guys can make sure it works right and everything. I just ran through it and it was pretty cool being able to fly around and watch powerups respawn while seeing myself do lift jumps :D

I set the mutator to record the server date and map name in the demo's file name. There are more options I can enable, like server time, GameClass (CTF, INV, DM, etc.), and other stuff, but I think just date and map name are sufficient. Let me know if this is a problem.

BTW, the demo's filesize is around 150 kb. However, it was just me running around for a minute without any bots or vehicles or anything. I think once we add several more players and spam, the filesize should increase.

well, here's how our masks are setup:

DemoMask=PlayerName-FragBU-%m-%d-%t

If preferable, you could make that DemoMask=Server-FragBU-%m-%d-%t, and this way we'll know, more or less, exactly what each one corresponds to. Plus just day and map will overwrite stuff if a map is played more then once (And knowing FragBU, that happens a lot.)

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Well, there's no point in adding all that extra stuff since we already know which ones are server-side. How about adding the server time to prevent them from being overwritten?

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
It's up to you guys.

BTW, I made the server record demos with time in the file name. This will prevent overwriting. However, I don't know how demos will be distributed once on Stig's server, since it seems to be private FTP only...

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Taleweaver said:
Did anyone noticed this thread originally was about adding things to FragBU?

...Or do you guys intend to fight it out during FragBU? ;)

Well, I usually don't make it to FragBU until later in the evening, and I wouldn't want to waste everyone elses' valuable gametime by mowing over Brizz again and again. ;)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
HuggyBear said:
Well, I usually don't make it to FragBU until later in the evening, and I wouldn't want to waste everyone elses' valuable gametime by mowing over Brizz again and again. ;)
or being shocked to death repeatedly :p

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Well, I fully expect to get shocked to death repeatedly. But I just enjoy running people over, so it's always worth it, even if it's 5:1. :cake:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
ive played against a ''huggyBear''' on machine gun sniper server like , (ut99)

it was u huggy? :)

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
I don't think so, but who knows? I used to go by different names back in those days, though.