Congratulations, America!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Regardless of the incredible insensitivity to whom he directed his words, would they have been any better if aimed at anyone else?

No.

I agree mostly with his political views, but I don't agree with wishing death upon someone.

Simple as that.

Last edited:

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Technically claiming that that 1 text (or even the couple of others) means that the bible advocates slavery is close to cherry picking in and of its self. Everything in the bible requires context and historical background as well as often cross examination to really understand it. The taking of slaves was a global practice, the Israelites themselves having just left Egypt. The fact is for its time it would have been extremely progressive.

If the bible would have been interpreted metaphorically then this thread would not exist, because people would not have cherry picked specific passages to discriminate against gays, blacks, witches, other religions and scientists over the past thousand years. It may have been progressive at its time but it was written when people thought the earth was flat.

If Jesus taught loving your neighbor, then hardline Christians are way out of touch.

Reactions: AlCapowned and Al

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
That's really uncool dude, even for you. Have you not seen my pictures? I did have stg4 cancer and it devastated me. I look like an ogre now. Do me a favor and skype with me. I want you to see me and look into my face, see my scars. Look at the holes where parts of me used to be. Then if you still feel like you can say that then I'll certainly let you without interrupting and you are free to say what you want.
look pal.

you're the one who thinks that 2 consenting same-sex adults being in love and getting married is comparable to rape and murder.
I have literally no sympathy for you. especially if you can't find it within yourself to change your views and accept the fact that the world is moving on (whether you like it or not).

your beliefs are denying people their fundamental right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
I have no respect for your shitty beliefs.

I'm out of here and I don't think I'll be posting here again. !
good.
literally no one has ever enjoyed your presence here.

you're a fucking nut. you also have your own forum which you use to write out elaborate and creepy intimate profiles of people you don't like from BuF.
it's fucking weird and your political views are largely trash.

by all means; don't come back.

Unbelievable. A new low.

Found the 'ignore user' feature! Bye bye jack.
you have to ignore people you don't agree with?

way to be a big, wet pussy....

Indeed, I am certain that not many people actually agree with much of what he writes, short of some opinion about a game or movie. His posts represents an extreme, a parody in many ways, not to be taken seriously. Sure, I think we all get that schtick, but there seems to be a dark truth there as well; he seems to enjoy the persona a bit too much maybe.
you need a hobby.
there's no dark truth here. just the reality that's in front of you.

more people around the world agree with me than agree with GoPostal.
homosexuality is being accepted and treated fairly. finally. whether people like him accept it or not.

the world moves on without them and without their stupid, intolerant views.
all they can do is sit there on the wrong side of history sucking their thumbs and crying to themselves. have fun looking back in another 20 years and realizing how pathetic it was to defend traditional marriage.... or don't realize it. wallow in ignorance for all I care.

I don't lose any sleep over ignorant jackasses like GoPostal.
oh boo-hoo. I told him to get cancer and he's already had it. cry me a river. he's the guy who doesn't want consenting adults to be in love or to pursue their own happiness. but I'm the bad guy? fuck you.

I once told some kid that his mother was a cunt when she was actually dead. do I feel any worse? not really, because the kid was a total douchebag and the sentiment remains the same regardless. if I had known his mother was dead I would have simply chosen a different but equally gutting remark to blast his way. you guys need to grow up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al and Balton

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
If the bible would have been interpreted metaphorically then this thread would not exist, because people would not have cherry picked specific passages to discriminate against gays, blacks, witches, other religions and scientists over the past thousand years. It may have been progressive at its time but it was written when people thought the earth was flat.

If Jesus taught loving your neighbor, then hardline Christians are way out of touch.

QFT

He did, and sadly, waaaaay to many are.

--------------------------------------------------------------

On a lighter and much less serious note for this thread(something it needs), I have pictures of Jesus' sister:

MtJBVna.jpg

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I don't really see why the biology argument is so easily cast aside. People who are infertile for whatever reason are the exception to the rule. Marriage flat out has no use to society if it is not for the proliferation of society. So, sure, let's break into people's houses and tear up their marriage license if they are infertile for whatever reason.

I also don't really understand the ease with which the term "bigot" is trumpeted. You don't have to be intolerant to disagree with someone's opinion even if that opinion is uncomfortable or supposedly quantifiably wrong. If that was the case (which most of the people arguing the side of gay marriage seem to think) then every political view would make a person a bigot and thus every person that has any opinion would be bigoted about something or another causing the term to lose all value.

Marriage has almost never been about "feeling" or "love" or "finding your other half". Those are all modern constructs. http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/how-romance-wrecked-traditional-marriage/ As the article rightly concludes, why do we even bother giving any special right or benefit to a married person over an unmarried person today? If the goal is equality we are royally failing in every regard to meet that requirement.

I don't think I was shy earlier in the thread of stating my belief that marriage as a social construct is no longer meaningful. Its history is mired, there is no precedent for how marriage is practiced today, and the record numbers of divorces, extramarital childbirth, etc. don't exactly make a great case for keeping it around.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Marriage has almost never been about "feeling" or "love" or "finding your other half". Those are all modern constructs.

The article you posted is sort of redundant. We're talking about marriage as it is now and now it is about those things.

But I agree with you when you say Big Government should stay out of marriage. I mean, where is my single status tax break?!

Last edited:

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
I see marriage as an originally being economical pact of union for the continuation of the species/families. However there is no real reason why this can't be done by a homosexual marriage especially with modern technology. Foster mothers are already possible and soon enough it will be possible to create a test tube baby that will have the DNA of both parents. So is this unnatural? Yes but so are most of the things we do today including being active on a internet forum.

Also the possiblity of a homosexual marriage to bring 2 different families closer and help them out is still a possibility like back in the stone age.