CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Translation: I kill people with Deeper impact as an advantage, and these players don't call me a hacker, fun fact.

Last edited:

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I played some domination over the weekend, pretty fun, except that it was hardcore so it was twice the hiding game :{ What I'd like to try out is stock TDM without airstrikes and helicopters. UAV is alright. Anyone know of such a server?

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I may have issues, but I'm having a blast in Hardcore lately, unless it's total rape of the year. I learn to care about my teammates around more than I ever did. And all of this is because they move around, so moving alongside them is a good tactic if you don't want to end up being the sniper's bitch all the time.

I still only brag to myself about the Claymores, and the Weed/crack smoking Helicopter AI that doesn't make sense. Oh and killing snipers with the M4 is priceless, especially when they're scope is right at you in maps like Overgrown, trying to get a clear shot and *Blat Blat!!!* UR DEAD!!! :lol:

maybe it's because no one can understand you :)

Translation: I kill people with Deeper impact as an advantage, and these ****s don't call me a hacker.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Domination is good stuff. HQ isn't bad either. Both do a good job at forcing people to move around the map a little, so it's a good change of pace from team campmatch.

CTF in CoD5 is probably going to be very fun as well. It appears to be set up like TF2 CP maps where you have to capture each point in succession across the map. There's only ever two flags in contention at once but maybe five spanning the map end to end.

I can only hope CTF replaced S&D, because that crap is terrible. :(

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah it forces them to move around, but at the same time it gets even more campy.
Also, WTF is up with that Avatar T2A?

You mean they DO call you a hacker, or are you implying that you are actually a hacker for using deep impact.

None of that, it's simple, they don't complain, it's a miracle. But when you shot them in the open, they call you hacker.

Last edited:

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Ah, I see what your saying now you Krazy Kanadian(tm)

That domination I played over the weekend was the first time I've played CoD4 since I got my new mouse. I wanted to get used to it first, I'll probably start playing again fully this weekend D: Hit me up for some games if you see me on Xfire.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I can only hope CTF replaced S&D, because that crap is terrible. :(

ORLY? I gotta admit I have little experience with CoD4 multiplayer and I thought it was crap when I first played it as shown by my initial posts in this thread but then I found softcore and I started enjoying the game a lot more, though I was still getting killed by random bs like nades being thrown from across the map.

My experience is still just limited to HC S&D, HC TDM (ugh) and SC S&D though, what exactly are the other gametypes? Anyone feel free to answer. :p

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Eh the spawn system in TDM is what left a really bad taste in my mouth about CoD4 in the first place, that coupled with HC was the worst thing evar. Sorry, I just like having a front line in this type of game so that's what pulled me to S&D. :shy: How are the other gametypes?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Yeah it forces them to move around, but at the same time it gets even more campy.
But it's campy in a different, less annoying way.

When there's an objective besides simply killing people, more often than not camping is done in known sniper spots or closer to the objective area. This gives it a more tactical aura rather than some low-skiller being lame by camping out in some random spot no one ever camps in*, and it helps especially in "hardcore" mode when that guy needs no aim to take you out. It puts prediction on a higher plane (for both parties) than the simple "Haha! You didn't know I was here!" factor.

*Of course, you could argue that since that guy got the kill then all the better for him, right? It'd be different if his little camping spot lasted more than one kill, but it doesn't with me. Camper revenge is something I enjoy, which is probably why the randomness and undeserving frags of "hardcore" haven't yet turned me off of it. :p

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
HC HQ is the only gametype I really enjoy.

I've never played a single good HC HQ match. When played in HC, HQ is the most camp encouraging gametype after S&D. Sure, you can't win by camping, but do people care about that? No.

Normal TDM and normal Sabotage are my favs, and normal Domination is fun too. Although I usually end up on the HC servers anyway... :hmm:

Last edited: