1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CoD 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kantham, Jan 28, 2008.

1. DarQraven

DarQraven New Member

I bet he's good, but I can't tell from the fragmovie. There was actually a thread about this recently on the Quake Live forums. People overdoing the effects, time-warping and other post-processing.

For instance, while there were some shots in that movie that were pretty well done, for most of them I couldn't distinguish them from something I'd do every ordinary match. Especially in a game like CoD where the 'cool' frags aren't necessarily hard or out of the ordinary like airrockets or LG juggling in Quake or Shock Combo's in UT, messing with the timing and speed of the video just completely destroys the frags.

Example: Four headshots in a row. Wow. Cool, I guess.
    I can do that. With 2 second pauses between each shot. And on stationary targets, most probably.
    What would make it cool (and something I *can't* do regularly) is if he did that really fast, one after the other, or without UAV. With the current editing, I just can't tell. Hell, most of the time I can't even see the target before he shoots it.

TL;DR: I wish people would stop making fragmovies to make themselves look awesome and superpro, and actually make fragmovies that show off good frags.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  2. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

That it has some sniper mod on, and jugg are not allowed. He wouldn't ram that hard on a regular pub.

3. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

Promod, where sniping is OP.

4. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

Most of that is done by him, the frags atleast. It is hard to pull the stuff he does off, i have tried quick scoping like that but end up scoping, unscoping, scoping...that's a no no.

5. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

6. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

Or just show us a real ****in match. This is why Starcraft 1 and 2 games with commentary will always be way more entertaining than this crap. The guy probably sucks too.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  7. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Thread bump.

[​IMG]

Skorpion ****ing owns in normalcore even. Only problem is the reloading time/clip size.
    MW2 ACR-like recoil, decent range, makes people go WTF at you and call you a no recoil hack. :)

8. inferyes

inferyes Spaced In

The gun is awful, the stats are awful, and the sights are awful.

You just think it makes you look cool to use it. Which in most cases is true.

I can out play any skorpian kiddie with a WEEL gun.

9. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

The gun is hilarious, the stats are good except for the penetration and clipsize, and the sights are good. I'm not saying it's better than a MP5, I just love this gun right now because it makes people go WTF. And sometimes putting night vision on is set just for some extra lol's.

If you want a weapon with terrible sights go for the M14 or M60.
    I'm sick of AK's and the rest, It's more rewarding to get a decent ration with bad weapons me find.

10. inferyes

inferyes Spaced In

I like using the Hard Scope M140. I also <3 using the w1200.

Skorpian is one of the few guns with no fast reload so I hate using it.

11. Cr4zyB4st4rd

Cr4zyB4st4rd I make awesome ©

The noise the skorpion makes is truly retarded.

12. inferyes

inferyes Spaced In

It reminds me of a staple gun.

:p

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  13. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

I uninstalled this game over a week ago...i'm done cod4 even if Blackops is a flop.

14. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

I lies, lol.

Anyway i have a problem. I have a 24 inch widescreen dell 8 MS monitor (well, 2 of them) and since i installed windows 7 over again i can't play cod in widescreen anymore. It just shows up in full screen when using the lower resolution i was using (1380x768 or w/e and 16:10 aspect ratio). Does anyone know how i can play cod4 in widescreen again? i can't stand playing call of duty using the whole monitor, it feels SOOOO SLOW moving, and aiming. I need to use the stretch screen feature (widescreen). Here are my specs if you need them.

http://www.xfire.com/profile/pinkeye420/

15. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

Update graphics card drivers and check Dell's support site for any special driver for the monitor?

16. Vaskadar

Vaskadar It's time I look back from outer space

Give it an acog scope and it looks like a star wars blaster.
    [screenshot]http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/77375492-4.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/77375517-4.jpg[/screenshot]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  17. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

Thanks, it works again.

18. haarg

haarg PC blowticious

Didn't you move out of your parents house? How about you take the next step and do something other than play computer games all the time.

19. Vaskadar

Vaskadar It's time I look back from outer space

You are an hero.

20. haarg

haarg PC blowticious

fucking casual material