Client settings feedback

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Had helped someone out that was upset that his ut2004 settings kept changing every time he went on a ut2vote server. He has his "show weapon names" turned off in the ut2004 settings and they keep getting turned on.
Me not being a fan of weapons mods, I have never used that ut2004 setting. If the one in ut2vote is redundant, maybe we should pull it out?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
This was the case in 42 and I got quite a few complaints about this from Players that Hide their weapon so they need to see the names.
UT2Vote42 turned the names off by default but UT2Vote43 leaves them in whatever state the user had them in and I have tested it several times and it does work.
Maybe this guy is complaining about 42 or its the same guy that wrote to me several times telling me how it sucks and when was 43 going to be released.

Last edited:

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
i'm such a guy, playing without weapon-model, but with weapon names. I didn't have to change any settings for 4.3 or the 44b1

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Not that you mention it, it does seem like this guy has had a long standing grudge. Wormbo also chimed in on that guys post too. Until this was pointed out, I never noticed the setting was both in UT2004's options as well as our client menu.