Chrono Tirgger Project: We need YOU!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jack Of Smeg

Oct 11, 2003
Well, I shure don't know if this is the right place to post this so if I'm wrong please move/delete this, thanks

There is currently a project going on to remake the epic game Chrono Trigger, in full 3d with many extra features. The project will be made in the Unreal2k3 engin and will offer online play and minigames too.

The project so far is going well but we have a severe lack of model, texture and UT2k3 artist. We really need anyone who could help, we know that there are alot of Chrono Trigger fans out there so we ask for your help. We also have the new game compeny Pixel Image Productions backing us so we can get site help pretty easy.

So if you think you can help in this fun project please head over to our forums at http://spectralwars.planetaclix.pt/ .
So, think you can help in any way? We know you chrono fans our out there!

Jack
Lead concept designer for Chrono Trigger Remake.

JackReacher

[SAS Mod]
Oct 16, 2001
The Sanitarium
Do you have official permission? I assume there is some kind of copywright on the original. If you dont, i would contact the original developers, describe what you are aiming to to, and the advantages of it for them, and maybe they will allow you to go ahead. I can tell you its not nice to receive a cease+desist order when you far into development.

Do you have ICQ or MSN? I would like to discuss in more detial before i make any any decisions :D

Last edited:

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
You will probably have a hard time getting permission since Square and Enix became one company.

Now, as a chrono trigger fan, I have to say this: Bad. Idea.

CT was a great game, no doubt, but I can't see it drug into 3d without loosing the focus of the game. Its just my opinion, but CT should stay in 2D.

Jack Of Smeg

Oct 11, 2003
Yeah my MSN is eqxp@hotmail.com and my AIM is eqxpsupport.

Well I think we already have premission, we are in league with chronicles but I'll make shure our design lead has it all down.

Well this project we are VERY serious about, we aim for it to be done in 2005 (10th anaversery) so we are going to take our time and make it as good as possable, we have a very good designer (TheBrain) but we simply need more people, we can't all be doing little parts all at once, I am currenty on Tent duidy (gotta make tents for the fair) and on Hud design for the bike race.

And we plan not to realse it without it being perfact, there will be no "Meh, good enough".

Last edited:

Dark Messager

Welcome to the OtherSide
Sep 29, 2002
Visit site
ppl portugues? Bem...se assim e...o fireslash tem razao, e dificil criar um jogo igual ao chrono trigger em 3D. Teria-se k mudar muitos aspectos de jogabilidade, e cenarios...mas eu a uns tempos atras tive umas ideas pa um RPG kom elementos um pouco diferentes do k o ppl ve por ai...a unica coisa k me lembro k tenha a ver kom o Chrono trigger e o uso de ataques combinados. Se kiseres posso ajudar nalguma cena...no k sou melhor e em mapas e 2d artwork.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
If Square are involved in any way then you won't get permission. I'm part of a project making a Final Fantasy styled RPG and Square outright refused to give us permission to use any of their stuff. So we're going with all our own ideas instead which, frankly, is much better anyway as we're not confined to keeping things in line with Square's ideas :)

Jack Of Smeg

Oct 11, 2003
Yeah, I just got a notice a few hours ago saying we cnat do squat :(

Well, we might as well use our ideas and make our own game, perhaps we should make that Future Racing Figher we have been dreaming up. I suppose now we will re-merge with Pixel Image Productions (I hope to god the name will be changed) and become a new compony.

Bah, mabey its for the better. What we really need to do if we do re-merge, is to find a publisher that has the UT licence...

proudclod

Sep 23, 2003
ill help out, i can model, unwrap, animate, and skin. :D plus i love chrono trigger, and know the story by heart!