Chaos UT3 Shelved

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Grabbed the CoD4 and UT3 demo (again). Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a shot this weekend, and hopefully between the two I can figure out where I need upgrades.

Granted my interest in shooters has been low these days, maybe one of these (plus TF2) will re-engage me.

R.Flagg

Feb 15, 2000
Visit site
Wow, what a bittersweet thread. The words are so kind, yet the situation so sad.

I realize all that needs to be said has pretty much been said, but I couldn't help but feel obliged to respond with a big Thank You, to everyone. On behalf of all the guys who worked so hard over the years, Thank You very much.

I hope we find a way to come back.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Maybe it's me, but in reallife you can do that too.. So saying it isn't realistic is not realistic.. hehe.. the only difference is that in reallife you'll propably be a little bit more carefull.. LOL..

No, the difference is that in real life you would be dead if you tried many of thease things, in real life, thease tactics would be suicide, they dont work in the real world, and thus, realism is broken in CoD when they not only work, but are better than the real tactics.

In a realistic game, its pretty basic that you ensure that things that work in the real world works in the game, and things that don't work in the real world don't work in the game, thats the whole point of simulation, and CoD does not do that in something as fundamental as gameplay style.

SuperDre

May 6, 2002
Helmond.nl
www.superteam.tk
No, the difference is that in real life you would be dead if you tried many of thease things, in real life, thease tactics would be suicide, they dont work in the real world, and thus, realism is broken in CoD when they not only work, but are better than the real tactics.

In a realistic game, its pretty basic that you ensure that things that work in the real world works in the game, and things that don't work in the real world don't work in the game, thats the whole point of simulation, and CoD does not do that in something as fundamental as gameplay style.

Who says in RL these tactics wouldn't work.. have you ever tried them? you THINK these tactics wouldn't work.. Rushing is even a tactic that is used widely.. but ofcourse in RL I too would propably rather use a sniper instead of rushing, but games aren't RL..

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Who says in RL these tactics wouldn't work.. have you ever tried them? you THINK these tactics wouldn't work.. Rushing is even a tactic that is used widely.. but ofcourse in RL I too would propably rather use a sniper instead of rushing, but games aren't RL..

This is not the right thread to discuss CoD4, we're getting way off topic, so if you really want to continue this, then lets take it elsewhere, start another thread in OT or something.

Suffice to say, if the playstyle you see in CoD actually worked in real life, military forces around the world would be using them, but they don't, because it does not.