carball carselection / ut2vote47

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NR_marcO

Sep 25, 2004
hi all,

i'm just wondering where the carselection (on ESC key) is gone when running carball with ut2vote? - maybe its gone cos of the injection of the kick and mapvote link of ut2vote in this menu?

NR_marcO

Sep 25, 2004
tdw-socke said:
does carball use an own gui-class?

only thing i found was a own LoginMenuClass beside the ut default stuff

EDIT: btw .. checked now without ut2vote and the carselection appears .. so most likely ut2vote related problem

Last edited:

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
btw, if a mod changes things, on which ut2vote doesn't have an influence, it's not ut2vote related, that those mods don't work with ut2vote ;)

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
I can confirm that it works perfectly fine in UT2Vote 44. The server I'm running CB on does not have an updated UT2Vote yet, but I am going to get it updated today and I will let you know.

NR_marcO

Sep 25, 2004
hmishima said:
I can confirm that it works perfectly fine in UT2Vote 44. The server I'm running CB on does not have an updated UT2Vote yet, but I am going to get it updated today and I will let you know.

cool .. all our servers are on latest ut2vote47 tho

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
NR_marcO said:
hi all,

i'm just wondering where the carselection (on ESC key) is gone when running carball with ut2vote? - maybe its gone cos of the injection of the kick and mapvote link of ut2vote in this menu?

I think your right about this...I can't get it work in 46 or 47. Is there a way to disable this?

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
No, it can't. Here's the server setting for Car Ball.

[CBall.CB_Game]
bAllowNonTeamChat=False
FriendlyFireScale=0.000000
NetWait=5
bForceRespawn=True
bAdjustSkill=False
bAllowTaunts=True
bAllowTrans=True
SpawnProtectionTime=2.000000
LateEntryLives=1
LoginMenuClass=CBall.CB_LoginMenu
bAllowPrivateChat=True
bWeaponStay=True
bAllowWeaponThrowing=True
ResetTimeDelay=11
GoalScore=5
MaxLives=0
TimeLimit=15

Is it the loginmenuclass causing this?

However, there is a workaround...in the user.ini you can set your vehicle options before the match starts:

[CBall.CB_PlayerController]
CBVehicle=0
CBSkin=0
CBHorn=0
CBBumper=0
bDebuggingVoiceChat=False
bAutoDemoRec=False
EnemyTurnSpeed=45000
InputClass=Class'Engine.PlayerInput'
MidGameMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4DisconnectOptionPage
DemoMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4DemoPlayback
AdminMenuClass=GUI2K4.RemoteAdmin
ChatPasswordMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4ChatPassword

Playing with the vehicle, skin. horn values will give you different cars.

NotoriousBIC

May 26, 2004
Confirmed with UT2Vote46.
It wasn't a problem with 44 and nothing has changed with CarBall, so it must be something to do with all the hack and slash work done to get ut2vote whitelisted again.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
mmm I'll have a look at this as the only thing in the Escape sequence that was removed was the monitoring of the 'Browser' and 'Disconnect' buttons so as to stop the 'Incompatible Game Files' problem which the WeaponStats caused.
In version 48 these are going back again because UTComp is causing many people to get the 'Incompatible Game Files' problem when joining another server, and they are blaming UT2Vote.