1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bulletstorm Story + Characters Trailer

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Dec 17, 2010.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Epic Games Producer, Tanya Jessen and the game's lead writer, Rick Remender talk about the characters and story of Bulletstorm. Naughty word alert!

In a rare cross-publisher cooperative move, Epic, EA and Microsoft announced today that there would be a little crossover marketing synergy tying in Bulletstorm to Gears of War 3. A no-additional-cost, but very limited, version of Bulletstorm (dubbed the Epic Edition) will include beta access to Gears of War 3.

Obviously, this refers to the Xbox 360 edition since Gears 3 is involved, but in an interview with Epic Pres, Mike Capps, Gamespot reveals that an announcement regarding bonus pack-ins or limited editions for the PS3/PC version will come "early next year"

2. RoadKillGrill

RoadKillGrill Got Lead?

Why is is the more I see this game the more I fear the game is going to be 4 hours long and have a meh multiplayer.

3. {Ogre}Spin

{Ogre}Spin New Member

4 player co-op is now being mentioned at last. I recall months back everyone was obsessed that there would be no co-op as if that were a statement handed down on stone tablets.

As for 4 hours long and meh multiplayer...I suspect there is a possibility, however the pedigree of both epic and pcf with regard to multiplayer leaves me hopeful.

4. elmuerte

elmuerte Master of Science

So it will be better that CODBLOPS?

Awesome.

5. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

It practically was. Where have you heard otherwise? The video has a segment that makes it look like the person playing is playing as Trishka, but that could be a MP gameplay segment for all we know. I'd love to hear that they are, though.

6. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

I hope you really go through those indoor environments or in the starship.

7. RoadKillGrill

RoadKillGrill Got Lead?

Anything is better than that trash, I haven't bought a cod game and I really don't think I'm missing anything( And they never go on sale ). Sadly that's the same was way a feel about Bulletstorm, It might be a steam sale buy but I'm not waiting anxiously for it.

As for Bulletstorms COOP its selective maps sections are being made for COOP so it a cut down SP at best. The other MP they have just sounds like leader-boards, which is extremely easy to add to any game these days.

I'm just waiting for the next Quake/UT game that will never be made it seems like.

8. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

This makes absolutely no sense.

9. Darkdrium

Darkdrium 20% Cooler

It does if you consider that since Gears of War their entire marketing is based around:

"FROM THE STUDIO THAT BROUGHT YOU GEARS OF WAR"

It's lame (I mean, Unreal was here first)... But it makes sense since it's their biggest selling franchise currently.

So yeah, they are on the Gears of War wagon again hoping to sell some Bulletstorm because there's Gears of War on the box.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  10. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

It's the usual beta access move done for games like Halo Reach. It's the first time they do this for a Gears game... maybe they'll finally make the MP part fun now.

11. {Ogre}Spin

{Ogre}Spin New Member

erm..from the line in the press release that states:

Bulletstorm’s insane Anarchy four-player online cooperative mode takes full advantage of the game’s unique skillshot gameplay

Am I the only person who actually read this? ;)

12. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

The Epic version will include beta access to Gears 3 at no additional cost. The Epic version will be extremely limited in numbers.

13. Sir_Brizz

Anarchy is a Bulletstorm version of Horde. So this is akin to saying that Gears of War 2 has 4 player co-op.

14. SnaKe-Fu

SnaKe-Fu Thread Killer.

"kick you in the face with awesome."

Quote of the year nominee.

15. Festering Anus

Festering Anus Cheeto Hans

Can you please rephrase that from the point of view of a giraffe living in a pre-industrial egypt

16. ravenus

ravenus The Heretic

The Epic version will probably be sold at inflated prices to nerds on ebay.

17. elmuerte

elmuerte Master of Science

Gears of War 3
    - from the studio that brought you Gears of War -​

18. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

I'm wondering how that works as EA is publishing Bulletstorm and MS publishes GoW.

I'm not totally sure if I'm down with this game still. Haven't watched the trailer but based on past ones this might be a wait and see for reviews and see if the price goes down in 6 months. I've not seen anything that screams "day 1 purchase" yet. If it gets high praise I'll take a second look, but have enough single-player FPS games in my backlog that will scratch the shooter itch for a while.

Also, we're nearing the end of December and there's no page for it on Steam yet. Is EA just dragging their heels or is there something else going on here? Dragon Age 2 is also lacking a page and that's coming out in March.

19. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Those gametypes are fun, but I'd like them to force the players to navigate around the level so they just don't camp one safe spot the whole round to survive just like all the other game's wave gametypes.

I.E. They did that in UT's with health pack and other pickups. It just opens up a lot of possibilities.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  20. Sir_Brizz

EA Partners is publishing Bulletstorm, which is practically the same as Epic self-publishing the game. So it's probably easier for MS to stomahc.
    Indeed. I sure hope not. If Bulletstorm integrates with Gamespy or GFWL............ :(
    Yeah, this is something Killing Floor do4es right. You have to move around the levels between each round to get to the traders and buy health/shield/weapons/etc. Makes it so you have to experience several areas of the level whether you want to or not.