Bulletstorm Story + Characters Trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Epic Games Producer, Tanya Jessen and the game's lead writer, Rick Remender talk about the characters and story of Bulletstorm. Naughty word alert!

In a rare cross-publisher cooperative move, Epic, EA and Microsoft announced today that there would be a little crossover marketing synergy tying in Bulletstorm to Gears of War 3. A no-additional-cost, but very limited, version of Bulletstorm (dubbed the Epic Edition) will include beta access to Gears of War 3.

In addition to access to the beta, the Epic Edition gives players bonus in-game Bulletstorm content when playing online, including 25,000 experience points, visual upgrades for their iconic leash, deadly Peace Maker Carbine, boots and armor. With this unique gear, gamers can kill with skill in style. Bulletstorm's insane Anarchy four-player online cooperative mode takes full advantage of the game's unique skillshot gameplay and unlock/upgrade weapon system to deliver the best possible multiplayer experience within the Bulletstorm world. The combination of Bulletstorm's multiplayer gameplay and skillshot system creates a frantic and frenzied experience setting itself apart from the multiplayer experiences in traditional shooter games.

Obviously, this refers to the Xbox 360 edition since Gears 3 is involved, but in an interview with Epic Pres, Mike Capps, Gamespot reveals that an announcement regarding bonus pack-ins or limited editions for the PS3/PC version will come "early next year"

{Ogre}Spin

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
4 player co-op is now being mentioned at last. I recall months back everyone was obsessed that there would be no co-op as if that were a statement handed down on stone tablets.

As for 4 hours long and meh multiplayer...I suspect there is a possibility, however the pedigree of both epic and pcf with regard to multiplayer leaves me hopeful.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
4 player co-op is now being mentioned at last. I recall months back everyone was obsessed that there would be no co-op as if that were a statement handed down on stone tablets.
It practically was. Where have you heard otherwise? The video has a segment that makes it look like the person playing is playing as Trishka, but that could be a MP gameplay segment for all we know. I'd love to hear that they are, though.

RoadKillGrill

Got Lead?
Dec 11, 2004
rahkogen.net
So it will be better that CODBLOPS?

Awesome.

Anything is better than that trash, I haven't bought a cod game and I really don't think I'm missing anything( And they never go on sale ). Sadly that's the same was way a feel about Bulletstorm, It might be a steam sale buy but I'm not waiting anxiously for it.

As for Bulletstorms COOP its selective maps sections are being made for COOP so it a cut down SP at best. The other MP they have just sounds like leader-boards, which is extremely easy to add to any game these days.

I'm just waiting for the next Quake/UT game that will never be made it seems like.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
It does if you consider that since Gears of War their entire marketing is based around:

"FROM THE STUDIO THAT BROUGHT YOU GEARS OF WAR"

It's lame (I mean, Unreal was here first)... But it makes sense since it's their biggest selling franchise currently.

So yeah, they are on the Gears of War wagon again hoping to sell some Bulletstorm because there's Gears of War on the box.

Last edited:

{Ogre}Spin

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
It practically was. Where have you heard otherwise? The video has a segment that makes it look like the person playing is playing as Trishka, but that could be a MP gameplay segment for all we know. I'd love to hear that they are, though.

erm..from the line in the press release that states:

Bulletstorm’s insane Anarchy four-player online cooperative mode takes full advantage of the game’s unique skillshot gameplay

Am I the only person who actually read this? ;)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
erm..from the line in the press release that states:

Bulletstorm’s insane Anarchy four-player online cooperative mode takes full advantage of the game’s unique skillshot gameplay

Am I the only person who actually read this? ;)
Anarchy is a Bulletstorm version of Horde. So this is akin to saying that Gears of War 2 has 4 player co-op.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
It does if you consider that since Gears of War their entire marketing is based around:

"FROM THE STUDIO THAT BROUGHT YOU GEARS OF WAR"

It's lame (I mean, Unreal was here first)... But it makes sense since it's their biggest selling franchise currently.

So yeah, they are on the Gears of War wagon again hoping to sell some Bulletstorm because there's Gears of War on the box.

Gears of War 3
- from the studio that brought you Gears of War -​

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
This makes absolutely no sense.

I'm wondering how that works as EA is publishing Bulletstorm and MS publishes GoW.

I'm not totally sure if I'm down with this game still. Haven't watched the trailer but based on past ones this might be a wait and see for reviews and see if the price goes down in 6 months. I've not seen anything that screams "day 1 purchase" yet. If it gets high praise I'll take a second look, but have enough single-player FPS games in my backlog that will scratch the shooter itch for a while.

Also, we're nearing the end of December and there's no page for it on Steam yet. Is EA just dragging their heels or is there something else going on here? Dragon Age 2 is also lacking a page and that's coming out in March.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Anarchy is a Bulletstorm version of Horde.

Those gametypes are fun, but I'd like them to force the players to navigate around the level so they just don't camp one safe spot the whole round to survive just like all the other game's wave gametypes.

I.E. They did that in UT's with health pack and other pickups. It just opens up a lot of possibilities.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm wondering how that works as EA is publishing Bulletstorm and MS publishes GoW.
EA Partners is publishing Bulletstorm, which is practically the same as Epic self-publishing the game. So it's probably easier for MS to stomahc.
Also, we're nearing the end of December and there's no page for it on Steam yet. Is EA just dragging their heels or is there something else going on here? Dragon Age 2 is also lacking a page and that's coming out in March.
Indeed. I sure hope not. If Bulletstorm integrates with Gamespy or GFWL............ :(
Those gametypes are fun, but I'd like them to force the players to navigate around the level so they just don't camp one safe spot the whole round to survive just like all the other game's wave gametypes.

I.E. They did that in UT's with health pack and other pickups. It just opens up a lot of possibilities.
Yeah, this is something Killing Floor do4es right. You have to move around the levels between each round to get to the traders and buy health/shield/weapons/etc. Makes it so you have to experience several areas of the level whether you want to or not.