Bounty Hunters ß6

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bounty Hunters

• Stinks!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smells quite nice indeed!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
First release of BH outside the WoD forums. Try it out and gimme some feedback!

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
I think the cross hairs feel too rough

Railgun effect is b0rked

I think the EMP grenade is a waste of space

Why doesnt the rail gun shoot thru walls?

Ok, done complaining.

I love the explosion shards from the rocket

I realy like this mod, but IMO, I think the Rope and the EMP are useless, but I am sure others have a use for them.

Anyways, this is staying on my hard drive

Oh, I realy love how you set up the TLoc mesh, When you stop using it, would you mind if I set up a gun like that?

-Postal

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Wht do you mean by rough? I also haven't made the crosshair for when you zoom in. 'Twill be nifty.

I left that railgun wave effect in? Oops... I hope I didn't leave anything else like that in...

The EMP will be much more useful once I think of a good way to implement the shields mentioned in the readme.

I could easily make it do so if you so desired.

Good.

Me too.

Like I said, EMPs will be better once I think of a way to implement the shields. The same should go for the rope.

Good.

It's hard to design good gauntlets. That may take a while. It doesn't bother me if you use the TLoc mesh.

EDIT:
I just remembered, the crosshairs are scaled depending on your resolution, so that could be why they look ugly to you. All the HUD stuff is scaled on any resolution other than 768X1024 (I think that's it). Perhpas they shouldn't be scaled?

Last edited:

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
I just dl b6 today and tried it after. I only want to give a few suggestion/question:
-the new zoom is a lot better, but it doesnt work good with the new chrosshair(the dot gets covered by the numbers)
-a bug with the zoom is that you will still be zooming if you are killed while zooming
-why did you post this in modsquad instead of WoD?
-like postal said, the railgun looks bad. but if you could make it more like the chaos ut sniper, then it would be cool.
-the icons look good, but the emp one looks inhuman(weird)
-what does the numbers on the top right corner indicate?
-the rocket trails last too long, make is disappear faster
-maybe make the jump jet fly slower?
-change the grapping hook!

overall, b6 is coming good and you should let modsquad review it once its completely done.

To Postal:The emp and the rope has basically the same purpose, to stop the enemy. With the rope, you can stop the enemy from moving by shooting him/her 2-3 times. But if you shoot the enemy in the head, then you could also stop him/her from firing any weapons at all(also requires 2-3 shots). This can be good if you want to stalk someone in corridors like the ones in DM-Pressure,but this can be hard to do in some dogfights and so thats why there is the emp. Like the rope, it disables the enemy. But the emp can only disable the weapon and even at that its not that good(the enemy can still used the melee weapon). However, the emp has a blast radius making it better to use. So in the end, the emp is kind of like a easier to use version of the rope.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
If I can see the enimy, I will kill them, not try and disable him.
Perhaps you could make me do that by making a bonus for killing a disabled enimy?

I perfer an invisable beam for that railgun that passes thru walls. I didnt care for the effect, and also the effect should realy sync with the beam(you might have used hitnormal insted of hitlocation)

I use 800x600, and while I found the new crosshairs usefull, I thought they looked rought around the edges(pixilated)

Perhaps it would be best to mearge the grappel and the rope, normaly the grapple will work the same, but if you hitsome one with it, it has the ropes effects?

Love that flamethrower

Perhaps also there should be some powerups aviable on the map, I am thinking Relics could go well with this.
*Just an idea that ran thru my head*
Perhaps offer upgrades, you could carry only one at a time, stuff like
Smart: Rocket home very slightly
BumbleBee: Flamethrower has insanely long range
Etc

Just a note, when I want to up my score, I let a bot kill me, then I kill that bot several times(got to 200k doing that)

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
q_mi_4_3:
-Problem noted.
-I'll look into that.
-Variety is the spice of life. -or- WoD has been kinda quiet lately, hasn't it?
-Elaborate.
-It's supposed to be a lightning bolt of sorts.
-It displays DeltaTime. I was using it as a sort of expariment.
-I shall do that.
-The rocket pack is supposed to be hard to controll to give a reason to use the hook. I still think the rocket pack's too easy to use...
-In what way? New model or code?

That's the general idea.

That's not entirely accurate. You might wanna revisit the readme. :)

Postal:
That's why I wanna make shields.

The railgun wave in ß6 was a failure and I meant to take it out til it was fixed. It'll be prettier and more subtle when it's done.

That's what I thought. I'll make them not scale to the current resolution.

Perhaps...

Who doesn't? :D

I think relics are too random... Upgrades are good, though. And I've always wanted a way for people to use the bounties they got...

Do you now?

Kangus:
Hello!

q_mi_4_3

Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
-I think the grappling hook needs a new model, code is fine.
-I was thinking something along the lines to make the railgun fire like the ChaosUT sniper rifle, with its matrix-like bullet effect. (I hoped you have tried it............)

Maybe make some add-ons for the gun that replaces the specials items(Udamage, shieldbelt, superhealth). Make it work like the upgrades for the dispersion pistol. But instead of just upgrading damage, give it some special effect. IE:
-homing rockets(as said before)
-longer flamethrower range(extend it to be the same as that of the pulsegun altfire)
-exploding railgun(small explosion, same as the mini-rockets)
-rapid fire poison darts(3 burst or full-auto)
-regen health(up to 100, heals faster than fire or posion hurts you)
-permenate cloak(but could be seen while moving or firing)
-revenge(instagib shockcombo around the player)
-keep money(the one who killed you will not get your bounty)
-limit berserk mode(30 seconds. Inviciability and super speed, but could only use the melee weapon.)
(and maybe more...........)
The add-ons should not be allow to drop when the player is killed, unlike the relics. They should also be randomize on the special items spawn location along with a few that spawns anywhere on the map(but not as much as the relics)

Last edited:

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
-Everything needs a new model. :D
-Ah, yes. That's what the current one was SUPPOSED to be like (only with a more matrix-like wave, rather than smoke). I still haven't gotten that to work right...

I'd really rather not have upgrades and magical power ups just lying around the maps... What if you could salvage stuff from fallen foes, and once you had enough money, and the right combination of parts, you would get an upgrade? So if you kill someone who was using the mini rockets, you'd get a random part that would lead to a rocket upgrade. And maybe I could finally put ammo in, and make it so you had to salvage ammo from people you kill? Oh, and should people explode when they're using the flamer and you hit them in the back?

q_mi_4_3

Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
It would be good to only be able to get ammo from dead enemy, so you cant use the same fire mode all the time. And instead of dropping a weapon when someone dies, you could make it so they will just drop an ammo of some sort. But making each fire mode use different ammo will be hard to do.........

q_mi_4_3

Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
so you cant keep using the same weapon all the time. if you could only use the ammos that you accquired from dead enemies, then it would force you to do some thinking instead of just running around the level using the best weapon that suits you the most.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I believe I have the Akimbo Multimags mod for Unreal 1. If you have U1 let me know and I will send it to the address you specified when you signed up for the forums (us moderator-type d00dz can see those ;))

these things use multiple ammo types on one gun.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Ye olde railgun. I'm thinking of making it load like one o' dem double barreled shotguns.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Yeah, I know. I really don't want to limit the grappler's range, but I don't know how else to fix it.