Borderlands [PC]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I guess I just don't look at it like that. They are putting effort into the PC version. That's what matters to me.

Of course certain things will be influenced by their console versions. It would be pointless to make a cross platform game and not take advantage of some benefits such as keeping the UI the same, supporting a controller, etc. Nobody has the time or money to make so many changes to the PC version of their multiplatform game that people think it's a completely different game.

I played this on PC and it looks way better than the console versions by a long shot. Image quality makes a huge difference here, because the sharper the image, the more it looks like a cartoon and not a blocky, pixelated smattering of colors.

But, really, again, for me it's just about effort. They aren't just dropping it on the PC and saying "whatever". They are actually putting time into tuning it for the PC.

I'm probably wasting my breath because, as FullBleed put it "you hate everything" :) It's amazing you put any time into UT2004 considering how bland that gameplay got after a while. :p

Soulwax

Amberlamps
Jul 8, 2009
Belgium
Gearbox have always been very kind to PC gamers and from what I've seen in the footage and read on the Gearbox forums, this will also be the case for Borderlands.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Just finished polishing the Box art I was working on. I was curious to see what would happen if the cover used some GTA/Crackdown influence.

[screenshot]http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3924/boderlandscoverkantham2.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7623/boderlandscoverkantham3.jpg[/screenshot]

In case you haven't noticed yet. DarkDrium pointed this out last night, so much for covers heh? :p

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I still think you are a huge faggot Kantham, but that box art is really awesome and is way better than the official box art.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Those are good Kantham, first one is best.
I'd say they are better than the actual box art.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The action looks nicely hardcore, but the yellow numbers (damage points?) are a bit annoying, and the cell shaded look just doesn't work on the guns and vehicles, makes them look like cardboard cutouts instead of functioning mechanical objects.
It's really not that bad... and the numbers are experience points, iirc.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
A few things about your box art put me off Kantham...

1) The logo is too shiny, clean and "realistic" compared to the rest of the art.
2) There is wasted black space to the sides of "Borderlands".
3) The red glow looks cheap.
4) Might be better with a single landscape screenshot or something instead of the filmstrip thing you have at the bottom.
5) I've never seen a "PC DVD" strip at the top of game box art like that (except GFWL), and it looks crap here.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Nice Christan Bale references going on at the end.
That "HEYOOOO!!" sound is deja-heard. BattleField Heroes anyone?

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
nice video, but maybe the sound guy thing was a wee too long. ;)
I liked the shooting though. (I'd have imagined a line of guys to shoot for the green screen, with "nah, that death didn't look good. NEXT !")