Bone_Weapon moving around?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

srsidman

Mar 18, 2004
I have a character that was modelled in Max and skinned using the Skaarj skeleton. I had to go back, however and add in the Bone_weapon to the character.When I import the .psk file into UnRealEd, no problem, but when I bring in the PSA file, the Bone_weapon bone moves into the groin area of the character. Anyone ever experience this issue before?

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
Check your socket definitions versus the actual bone name that has been imported. My bet is that if your animations are working right then you must have had the "underscores to spaces" option active on export, which means you will need to point the socket for the weapon and flag to "bone weapon" (you need the quotes).

Happens all the time since the original authors were useing max. Silly max supporting spaces in names.