Boba Fett/Mandalorian UT2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StoopidKwestion

Aug 3, 2004
The helmet mirroring has been sorted out. The texture itself wasn't mirrored...some ham fisted fool ( couldn't possibly have been me ) had mirrored the whole helmet mesh... :eek: I wondered why the poly count looked high.....

Deleted the extra polygons, and now Boba's helmet only has a dent on one side. As far as mirroring goes, the shoulder pads are about the only bits so far I have mirrored. The knee pads will get the same treatment. Everything else will be mirror free. I don't think the left and right sides of this model should be hugely different, but by not mirroring, the weathering and scratching effects look better. Mirrored weathering is just so obvious!

Anyways ;) Thanks for the nice remarks :D

StoopidKwestion

Aug 3, 2004
Well...you probably all thought I had given up on this, but no ;) Work has progressed, albeit at a much reduced rate!

Boba is now fully modelled, and UV mapping has been finished. Next stage is to finish the paint-job on the skin! In the meantime, though, I will rig him up and attach him to his bones. I can import the guy into UEd and make sure he worsk too! Picture to follow :D

nazareth316

The Mandalorian
Aug 25, 2004
StoopidKwestion said:
Well...you probably all thought I had given up on this, but no ;) Work has progressed, albeit at a much reduced rate!

Boba is now fully modelled, and UV mapping has been finished. Next stage is to finish the paint-job on the skin! In the meantime, though, I will rig him up and attach him to his bones. I can import the guy into UEd and make sure he worsk too! Picture to follow :D

Awesome man, cant wait :D

I_C_DeadPeople

Nov 21, 2004
GREAT JOB

Looking through the thread...Great job so far!! I am EXTREMELY excited about seeing the finished skin! Post some pictures when you get them ready for sure!

nazareth316

The Mandalorian
Aug 25, 2004
I_C_DeadPeople said:
Looking through the thread...Great job so far!! I am EXTREMELY excited about seeing the finished skin! Post some pictures when you get them ready for sure!

Indeed :D