BeyondUnreal ut2003 video

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
no public server admin can cast a vote very well. TTMv2.2 changed my crosshairs from my custom ones to thes eweird angles, and you can only use the "TTM approved" crosshairs on that server.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
TTM's great for matches, but it's not a 'public play' kinda thing

Here's an idea then, just set up a keybind for 'demorec' and at the start of the game hit the bind. The only thing i'm unsure of though is if it'll just record over the previous demo it took. If you want to make sure the demo's taken and is done right open the console (def. '@ key on euro, `¬ key on US afaik) and type a name in accordance with 'demorec fragbu-date-mapname-myname'

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
I'm trying to get SOMEONE to make an auto-demorec ServerActor for the server. Then I can upload them for y'all to download

[EDIT] Nevermind, see DaBeatard's post

Last edited:

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Webby, am I way off base by pointing you to this thread?

edit: I think edhe's suggestion of using demos from fragbu, to keep it within the community, is a good idea. :)

Last edited:

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
I think so, but I'm not certain. I believe that thread is about the 2199 patch. I'm just not positive whether everything in Pezman's post was actually implemented.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
well p00p in my mouth and call me Leonard! It does work, I just tried it. I will be DEMOREC'ing all future FragBU's

then I have to let you all download them... I'll figure it out

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I haven't used fraps yet but I'm trying to find a way so that you can run fraps or other program and capture the output from another machine because fraps is pretty intensive and you can't run ut2003 with details full etc with fraps running.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
WebSlinger said:
fraps works best in OpenGL too IIRC (640x480 - 800x600 depending on system).

www.fraps.com
fraps suggests that the lardest res should be 640x480, otherwise the rest of the screen will be cut off.

I've recorded my demo's with fraps and they all look great.

Here's two examples:

Boom #1

Some say this second video is to dark, others say it looks fine.
Boom #2

This was done with fraps and ecoded with xvid in Premiere.

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
JohnDoe641 said:
fraps suggests that the lardest res.....

I don't know why, but that cracked me up! :p

All the technical mobo-jumbo is way over my head, but I'd love to see some vids of FragBU matches. Hope it works Webby!

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
If you bind a key to "demorec", like chainsaw said, it will save them secquentially with the default name Demo followed by the 3 digit number...

I really should try and start coming to these.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Renegade Retard said:
I don't know why, but that cracked me up! :p

All the technical mobo-jumbo is way over my head, but I'd love to see some vids of FragBU matches. Hope it works Webby!
I really hate typos sometimes. :(

But atleast it gave somone a laugh. :p

Anyway, if anyone tried the vids, are they too dark? If so, I'll need to figure out that gamma adjustment feature in Premiere.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Yeah they are pretty dark. Go ingame and change the brightness/gamma

Part of it is the level.

I agree we should keep it fragbu only but I think we can make a few exceptions. If you do a 1on1 with another buf that should be stuck in. As long as we keep it as much of shots of our community type thing.

Last edited:

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
@JohnDoe - Search on Google (or find the link in the Fraps readme) for Virtual Dub. Using that, if you go to the video menu and select Filters you can then add a Brightness/Contrast filter to increase it. About 11% increase in Brightness does the job nicely :)

EDIT:
TWD said:
you can't run ut2003 with details full etc with fraps running.

I can and do run everything at full detail even when using Fraps, so if you want me to capture a demo and encode it I'd be happy to help out :) I also lower the mindesiredframerate to 1 so all those other little details from the shock combo and various trail effects don't disappear either.

Last edited:

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Nothing major really: XP1800+ at 1.53Ghz, 768mb DDR333 RAM, ti4400 128mb. Normally get around 40-50 fps consistent on all maps, obviously increasing or decreasing slightly depending how intense the map is (Chrome vs December for example), and that's with all details maxed and the additional stuff like projectors enabled :D
But since Fraps adjusts your ingame framerate to whatever you are capturing at, it doesn't make a lot of difference what details you're running, as long as your machine can handle the fps you've set in fraps. I normally capture at 15fps, so the game will run at 15fps for as long as I'm capturing. I've tried 30fps which runs better (and is therefore easier to play) but when you play the video back it looks like you were playing at 150% speed. 15 or 20 fps is good normally, and doesn't take as much space.