Bayonets?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xenomorph

Death Incarnate
Jan 11, 2000
LV-426, "Archeron"
www.d3fx.com
Forget what one?
Oh, and if that pics from the arsenal and it's one of those pictures of the weapon under the description, then the reason I haven't seen it before is because I only get a little red "X" when viewing them

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
Bayonets can be most useful, but it's not like you do bayonet charges :) When out of ammo, or in case your weapon jams, or there is considerable danger to yourself or friendlies in case of weapons fired, the bayonet can be useful. Like if a friend is behind the enemy, if you fire, you might hit the friend, or if there is great risk of fire or explosions, such as inside a gas or munitions dump.....

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
no jams YET, because he also said that it would add a way of balancing weapons against eachother...

Anyway...
uzi.jpg

gimme

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
what about an ak47 with bayonnet?? that would solve THREE holes in the armory at the same time!

1- 7.62 rifle
2- Bayonnet
3- Obviously an eastern weapon

ARGHHHH!
For the last time an AK-47 isn't a true 7.62mm cartridge, it's 7.62mm X 39mm (M43) rather than the 7.62mm X 51mm that the PSG-1 uses.

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
Yeah, i'm not even sure if the standard bayonet fits onto that muzzlebrake, but i suppose they thought about that when they designed it...

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Bayonets would be really neat, though I don't know how many of the actual weapons would really take one.(M16A2 for sure, SIG551 perhaps..)

About the AK47 - we already have two 7.62 weapons(PSG1 AND AKMSU..), and what's the difference between real 7.62 and the 7.62x39?? Is the latter a renamed .22LR or what :D

This reminds me of some weird (obviously posed) picture I saw in a book about snipers: a US army sniper of the pre WWII era aiming with a Springfield 1903, 8x Unertl scope AND BAYONET ATTACHED!!!
(the autor of the book stated that the bayonet was obviously nonsense..)
Still puts a smile on my face everyday I remember that..

Snakeye :D

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
and what's the difference between real 7.62 and the 7.62x39??

The "real" 7.62 is 7.62 X 51mm NATO, it's very similar to .308 Winchester but slightly different.

The 7.62 round the AK47 (7.62mm X 39mm) fires is a shorter carbine cartridge, designed to be more controlable than a larger full sized rifle cartridge.

IMHO
The Russian 7.62 was poor compromise between a larger, more powerful rifle round and a smaller, more controlable pistol round. It has range but, neither Soviet tactics nor the AK-47 itself can take advantage of this. It retains too much of the power of the full sized rifle cartridge making it an optimal choice for a SAW, but not for the average rifleman.
In conclusion: I think the 5.56mm NATO was a better compromise, but go out and form your own opinion about it.