Bayonets?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
I think that's the M11 in .380 Auto you mean, i'm not sure, they might have chambered a M10 in .380 Auto, but i don't remember hearing about one. The M11 is essentially the same weapon, only smaller in dimensions....

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Yep, the .380 MAC is the Ingram M11. The M10(or MAC10) comes in .45ACP or 9mm Luger. Dont know about their fire rate though - but 1600rpm for a .45/9mm seems a bit high, but then it only has a very short barrel..

Wouldn't like to carry one in battle though - accuracy can't be replaced by ROF, since you would have to carry more ammo AND (like ShakKen always says) shot placements is important. I hope the times are over, where people think holding an automatic weapon in the rough direction of the target and emptying the mag is enough to hit anything..

Snakeye :D

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
Yeah, the .45 ACP version is about 1150 or 1200 or something like that, one of them is the 9mm PARA and the other is .45 ACP...

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Suppose that thing has a 30rd(think standard are 32 or so..) at 1200rpm the mags gone in 1.5secs sustained fire. Looks like that would be good for two bursts and a reload - and as I learned in INF: reloading takes time; usually the time a bot needs to go round the corner and kill me.
I'll stay with my SIG551 & single shot or 3rd-burst..

Snakeye :D

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
You generally don't fire that long bursts, more like 4-6 rounds each, depending on rate of fire and aim etc. but i guess it's pretty hard too stop firing that baby :)

CQB means Close Quarters Battle, ie. indoors and in dense vegetation etc.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Then again at 10m range ROF indeed makes up for accuracy, I mean shot placement is not THAT important if you put 32 rounds in him in 1.5 seconds :)

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
Yeah, but you empty the clip, and then you're a sitting duck until you reloaded. In that close quarters, you generally don't have time to aim all that good anyway, and the Macs short lenght and low weight enables you to whip it around fast, much like a pistol, compared to a longer MP5 or M4.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Base, a sitting duck from what? At the ranges a mac10 or m11 would be used for:

-shot placement really doesn't matter due to the insane ROF
-there won't be anybody running after you once you have swung the weapon in their general direction whilst firing :) I'm quite positive that if your surroundings suddenly explode into a hail of bullets you are not going to run after him immediately :D even IF by some miracle you weren't hit.

Ofcourse compared to any SMG's it simply is pretty much useless and even compared to some PDW's in house clearing it would work rather nicely.